Prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeduh

Original Poster
vickson420":aa956 said:
Ok I know we got the reptiSUN on the way courtesy of Janie so thats great and I am fully aware of the hood your talking about and its a royal pain in the butt.I used to have one and because the bulbs are on sideways it doesnt direct the heat down but instead all over the tank.For now the best thing to do is use a clear household white household bulb for daylight heat because reptibulbs dont work and besides the household bulbs are cheaper and really all they need for heat.Now the temps,you need to get a digital probe themrometer.They are cheap like 4$-12$ depending because the sticky/dial ones are totally inaccurate and they dont measure what actually needs to be measure which is the basking SURFACE.The basking SURFACE should be 95-105F for her and a cool end air temp of 75-80F.Once you get a better handle on funds I recommend just getting a regular clamp lamp for the heat bulb(about 10$) and a seperate strip light fixture for the uvb unless you can fit the hood and a clamp lamp on the top at the same time then you can continue using that.Also make sure she can get to within 6-8 inches of the UV as that could have been why she couldnt deliver the eggs if she was low in calcium.Are you disting her feeders with calcium?Right now you want to be doing it 5Xper week and once she is back on tack bring it down to 2xper week and she should be given a multivitamin once a week as well.I prefer repcal calcium w/d3 phosphorous free and herptivite.Great on the food supplement critical care is wonderful so thats good and just remeber to keep her well hydrated.I think she is a fighter and wont give up on either.

I spent 95$ on that damn thing!! Thats what it is a clamp lamp! I have an extra one on top, and i could fit one more.... The doc said only feed her this food right now... And after i come next week to start with the dead crickets? I always dust her food... ever her veggies that she wont eat :? I have a water dish in there now, that has three sides to it and its all filled with water! I have seen her drink out of it... SO i know if she wants it shell go for it.. Plus its the ONLY thing in there right now ...

Is the LONG bulb the uvb?

I have this....
466361-1950519_d.jpg

pPETS-3760464t400.jpg

mine is 36 inches...

are exo-terra good? what about zoomed lights? OR JUST go with reptisun? Since you said reptiglo is bad?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
The long bulb is the UVB bulb thats the reptiSUN.Hopefully the one Janie sends you will fit your hood if not you can get an inexpensive fixture for it from lowes or home depot as they are MUCH cheaper there.So you have a clamp lamp?Then all you need is a flood lamp or household bulb in there directed at the basking surface but wattage again is going to depend on temps so you have a trial and error thing going on.You can always get a 2nd clamp lamp for next to it so you can boost the middle heat but it may not be needed at all.This is the type of thermometer you need:
http://www.petco.com/product/100375/ESU-Reptile-Digital-Thermometer.aspx
But most of us here use the curite inddor/outdoor thermometer with probe from walmart(outdoor/hardware section not pet section).These are the vitamins I recommend:
http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm#Ultrafine%20Calcium
http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm#Herptivite

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT that Puff is doing so much better now. She is small so it is surprising she had so many eggs in her! I hope that they got all of them.
I am so surprised at the low cost, how nice of them to help you out like that how awesome! So her prolapse has gone back in now? She was badly swollen trying to lay those eggs I guess poor thing!
Only feed the critical care because it is soft & will be easy for her system to pass through without too much trouble. I would give her a little time before you start feeding any live food though, to make sure she is all healed up inside.
As suggested, that clamp ceramic fixture will easily hold a halogen light which is nice & bright for her. You could use it for that in conjunction with the flourescent tube UVB light. Did you get the correct size ordered for the Reptisun? Maybe you should wait until you get the UVB before ordering the fixture so you don't get the wrong sized one.

Please keep us posted on her. I am happy to hear she is doing better.

Tracie

Leeduh

Original Poster
Two of the bulbs are exo terro sun glo's ... the other doesnt say... however it is a "stickey" bulb.. if that helps... and i didnt bother to look at the black light... i would assume thats exo terro too

Leeduh

Original Poster
I'll be posting to my blog now, so i don't keep hogging up the ER page... So if you want to keep in touch and continue to know about her progress, just check it out there, i will update it a few times daily as i do things with her.

Leeduh

Original Poster
The night she layed the eggs

Picture368.jpg

And a few minutes ago

Picture369.jpg

Picture370.jpg

She looks concerned in the new pictures because every time i go near her right now, is when she has to come up to get stuff done to her.... So she was looking at me like OMG not again, because i had just put her back in.. :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow what a difference in her. She is a pretty thing. I am sure she is happy to have those eggs out of her though!
Has she eaten anything today for you?
I am glad that she is feeling better now.

Tracie

Leeduh

Original Poster
Drache613":aa770 said:
Hello,

Oh wow what a difference in her. She is a pretty thing. I am sure she is happy to have those eggs out of her though!
Has she eaten anything today for you?
I am glad that she is feeling better now.

Tracie

I handfed her twice today, or more so shoved food down her... lol... so yes... she ate a good amount today... and drank her bath water..

Leeduh

Original Poster
Pu...Pu...PUFF!

Went back to the vet today... Her jaw WAS broken! The vet stitched it up, and it is stable. The prolapse is WONDEFUL... Puffs survival rate is VERY HIGH! She said she will survive it.

I so couldn't have done any of this without you guys!

THANK YOU!

That is great news! I still can't believe she broke her jaw. My guy clamped down on a syringe when we were giving him meds...I am so thankful he didn't break his. I had no idea that could happen. Great that she will recover!

Jennifer

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thats great news.Did he do a feeding tube for her or does he think she can eat normally?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great news to hear, I am so happy they were able to fix the jaw. So they set it then for her? Is she able to eat, or are you doing babyfood right now?
Great job in increasing her chances of survival. I am glad to hear that her prolapse is improved as well. :blob5:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom