Pre shedding on the front right side only

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Is this normal shedding? Pre Shedding the front right side only.

Attachments

• 20220825_091626.jpg
    20220825_091626.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 20220825_091632.jpg
    20220825_091632.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 91

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Would that make an uneven leg growth or not? Im so sorry for this silly question. Huhuhuhu
It can cause swelling - is that what your referring to? Also why did the dragons partner die? How old was the dragon and were they kept together? What kind of UVB are your using? A coil or a long tube fixture? Also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? the lighting in the tank is crucial to the over all health and behavior of the dragon?

shakeroll123

Original Poster
It can cause swelling - is that what your referring to? Also why did the dragons partner die? How old was the dragon and were they kept together? What kind of UVB are your using? A coil or a long tube fixture? Also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? the lighting in the tank is crucial to the over all health and behavior of the drag
It can cause swelling - is that what your referring to? Also why did the dragons partner die? How old was the dragon and were they kept together? What kind of UVB are your using? A coil or a long tube fixture? Also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? the lighting in the tank is crucial to the over all health and behavior of the dragon?
Im only that the front left side of my baby is not pre shedding usually when he shed both legs usually goes pre shedding stage. Im worried because maybe he is not well today because of that

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Shedding can cause crabbiness- appetite off but you want those surface basking temps and uvb up to par
My concern is this part, 3 of his legs are in pre-shedding stage but his front left side leg is not. Should i be worried about this? That is my problem that why i posted this thread maam Since im a newbie about this becausw i usually see all 4 legs shed together but right now its different

Attachments

• 20220825_091627.jpg
    20220825_091627.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 368

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My concern is this part, 3 of his legs are in pre-shedding stage but his front left side leg is not. Should i be worried about this? That is my problem that why i posted this thread maam Since im a newbie about this becausw i usually see all 4 legs shed together but right now its different
To me the left side looks like it's coming in slowly - I can have someone else look at it - they do shed at different times -
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, there is no concern at all, 100 % normal. I raised beardies for many years and they all shed like this, at times I had well over 40 babies in the house, along with sub adults + adults. This is perfectly normal. Every mod. on the sub can tell you that.
What you DO want to find out is why the other baby died. Are they from a breeder or pet store. What size insects are they eating ? Were there any symptoms of ill health ?

shakeroll123

Original Poster
No, there is no concern at all, 100 % normal. I raised beardies for many years and they all shed like this, at times I had well over 40 babies in the house, along with sub adults + adults. This is perfectly normal. Every mod. on the sub can tell you that.
What you DO want to find out is why the other baby died. Are they from a breeder or pet store. What size insects are they eating ? Were there any symptoms of ill health ?
Will there be uneven growth in his legs? In my research shedding is part of their growth since they wont be shedding together, i think. And his partner died for unknown reason, she was healthy just like him. Just found out when i got she was not moving anymore. Their diet is superworms and some green veggies like spinach thats i what i give them, on weekdays i give superworm about 3-4 small to medium sizes and weekends i give them veggies

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Will there be uneven growth in his legs? In my research shedding is part of their growth since they wont be shedding together, i think. And his partner died for unknown reason, she was healthy just like him. Just found out when i got she was not moving anymore. Their diet is superworms and some green veggies like spinach thats i what i give them, on weekdays i give superworm about 3-4 small to medium sizes and weekends i give them veggies
Please no more spinach- I can post a website for nutrition here later- they need fresh salads everyday like collards turnip greens kale mustard greens- he needs a staple feeder like dubia roaches crickets bsfl or silk worms- how old is the dragon?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom