Possible MBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam805

Hatchling Member
ok my beardie sleeps all the time and his legs and arms look wierd when he sleeps. And his toes and fingers bend realy easy. What is this and how do i fix it??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, we need more information on your setup.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb, or a compact or coil light? Are you using a bright white basking light?
What are the temps in the tank?
Do you use calcium supplementation? If so, how often?
Their toes & fingers bend very easily. However, he should not be sleeping all of the time. He should be up basking all day & eating.
How old is he?

Tracie

Adam805

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well im getting a new 50 gallon cage tomarrow and i dust the crickets everyday and he is 7 months old o and i use an repti sun 10.0 flouesent tube

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is a good bulb, but, how old is it & how far away is it from him? How bright is his tank?
What type of basking light are you using, is it a bright white light or a colored light?
What are the temps in the tank, & what type of thermometer do you use to measure them with? Are you using a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
He should not be sleeping all of the time. It must not be warm enough or bright enough in the tank for him.
What do you feed him?

Tracie

Adam805

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well its 94 in his tank but i cant make it hotter so i have to wait till i get a new tank. i feed him dusted crickets and i have a regular house hold light bulb as a basking bulb. I heard they are ok to use

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Adam,

Oh, 94 is way too cool for him, that is why he is sleeping all of the time. He can't really digest his food very well either.
Are you not using a basking light for him?
A regular household light bulb will work for a basking light, or a halogen flood light will work great also. You will need a dome clamp light fixture for them. Make sure it is rated for at least 200 watts.
When are you getting the new tank for him?

Tracie

Adam805

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi sorry i took long but im getting a new cage tommarow. i have a light fixture clamp light but i dont use the clamp. he does poop often. i got an 75 watt bulb for the new cage i am getting it is a hmm i forgot lol but it is a basking bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom