Where do they like to be touched?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Just wanting to pick all your brains about where your dragons like to be touched and where they don't. Also it would be nice if you would add a picture to your post to add some life to this ;)

Mine likes getting his belly rubbed and his neck scratched. He also likes it when I run his tail through my fingers while he sits on my shoulder.

He hates getting his beard touched and he really (really really) hates getting touched at the base of his tail, right behind the back legs.

IMG_20240326_064502.jpg

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Mine likes:

Mine likes getting his belly rubbed and his neck scratched. He also likes it when I run his tail through my fingers while he sits on my shoulder.
Plus he likes getting his beard touched. When I do so, he flicks out his tongue and almost (and sometimes really) licks my fingers.

I can (but normally don't do) touch him everywhere without getting any awkward reactions from him. Also the base of the tail - no problem. Despite I'm not overly touching him, I'm happy that I can do so everywhere on his body just in case.
The "display" you show in the photo: I've never seen that from him. The only thing was I saw him briefly "flashing" (no black beard, body puffed up and sideways for a second) when I added something to this tank. (But immediately after, he was fine, and just 20 minutes after, he was sitting on that object.)

(Taco is 9 - 10 months old and male.)

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Mine likes:

Plus he likes getting his beard touched. When I do so, he flicks out his tongue and almost (and sometimes really) licks my fingers.

I can (but normally don't do) touch him everywhere without getting any awkward reactions from him. Also the base of the tail - no problem. Despite I'm not overly touching him, I'm happy that I can do so everywhere on his body just in case.
The "display" you show in the photo: I've never seen that from him. The only thing was I saw him briefly "flashing" (no black beard, body puffed up and sideways for a second) when I added something to this tank. (But immediately after, he was fine, and just 20 minutes after, he was sitting on that object.)

(Taco is 9 - 10 months old and male.)
Oh no worries, that is just him stretching under his basking bulb. But he will shy away if I try to touch his beard ;)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Sinatra will let me pet the top of his head and rub his neck but he'd rather just sit on me quietly.
Ruby wants everyone all hands on deck and by all hands on deck I mean all hands petting her somewhere lol. That lil girl will take any attention any time any where. She is more cuddly than most dogs.
Snicker Doodles well she is a snit and we are all beneath her and if she must resign herself to being touched it's only for a neck massage lol. Unless it's bed time then she wants to be right under my chin 😁
All my dragons will kick you if you tickle right behind their rear legs. They run off also. That's how I heard them if I need them to move. 😏

Attachments

• 20240317_093035.jpg
    20240317_093035.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240314_150048.jpg
    20240314_150048.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231228_052001.jpg
    20231228_052001.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom