Poor dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
my local Pet Store has 6 red beardies in a ten gallon tank, and she will keep them there until sold if they are not all sold they will remain in a ten gallon tank and end up losing their tails, she has two without tails already.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unfortunately, most pet stores only care about the money side of things.

-Brandon

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that is true but if you think about it most people want a dragon with its full tail and all of its limbs

Ferociouscorpion

Hatchling Member
Just went to the Petco by where I live and they had about 6 dragons in a small 5 gallon tank. They all look pretty small too like 4-4.5 in.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that is also sad, but at least Petco has alot of people going in and out, and the people can see the dragons the lady at the local store has them in the back

MurderVictim

Hatchling Member
That's horrible!

And when you think about it...They're actually losing money by not taking care of the animals. I mean, who wants to buy a pet from a place where they're not kept in proper conditions? Especially when they've been injured/have limbs and tails bitten off. Who wants a 60-90$ beardie and most likely have it die a week later, or have to spend hundreds of dollars on it for vet bills? So they're having these beautiful creatures die in the shop, which is pretty much wasted money for them.

I guess these managers just aren't thinking. Or like to see animals suffer. :/

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MurderVictim":c1b3eeh8 said:
That's horrible!

And when you think about it...They're actually losing money by not taking care of the animals. I mean, who wants to buy a pet from a place where they're not kept in proper conditions? Especially when they've been injured/have limbs and tails bitten off. Who wants a 60-90$ beardie and most likely have it die a week later, or have to spend hundreds of dollars on it for vet bills? So they're having these beautiful creatures die in the shop, which is pretty much wasted money for them.

I guess these managers just aren't thinking. Or like to see animals suffer. :/
I know its sad

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Wonder what you can do to change their mind?
Newspaper? Contact local animal control?
That is very sad.

RedBull

Yup i told one of the dudes working there and at least they removed him, I will not be buying anything from them anymore

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RedBull":3nhiqnfi said:
Yup i told one of the dudes working there and at least they removed him, I will not be buying anything from them anymore
I thought Petsmart and Petco were supposed to be the best pet stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom