Dreams or something worse.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Dreki has been a tad lethargic and seeming bleh the last few days but she has been eating some salad and even took a worm the other day.

She's laying in the bed and I thought she was dozing because the part of her body right above her hips was... twitching.? Like muscle tics like we randomly get and she would rear her leg up and then kick it, like they do when they flick their tails and kickk their legs in the tub, if that makes sense. It almost look like she was having a puppy dream or something but I swear her eyes were at least partially open. Could it have been a dream, for all practical purposes.? Or could it be something serious.? It stopped as soon as I picked her up and started petting on her and stuff. I didn't get a video but if it happens again, I will.

Attachments

• 20231223_203846.jpg
    20231223_203846.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 44

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dreki has been a tad lethargic and seeming bleh the last few days but she has been eating some salad and even took a worm the other day.

She's laying in the bed and I thought she was dozing because the part of her body right above her hips was... twitching.? Like muscle tics like we randomly get and she would rear her leg up and then kick it, like they do when they flick their tails and kickk their legs in the tub, if that makes sense. It almost look like she was having a puppy dream or something but I swear her eyes were at least partially open. Could it have been a dream, for all practical purposes.? Or could it be something serious.? It stopped as soon as I picked her up and started petting on her and stuff. I didn't get a video but if it happens again, I will.
Yep post a video it may be nothing but normal muscle twitches

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yep post a video it may be nothing but normal muscle twitches
So they can get normal muscle twitches, like we do.? I read somewhere once that they can't and muscle twitches are always a not so good sign.

She hasn't done it since and it was definitely weird. It was literally like she had a puppy dream. I'll keep an eye out and see if she does it anymore

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
One of mine at times would get the twitches off + on a few times.
You don't think the foot kicking thing is a concern.? It was like how they use their back feet to scratch their faces when they're shedding, but it was aimed at that spot on her side that was twitching. Does that make sense.?

It hasn't happened since but in still worried.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of them do odd twitches such as that. I feel as long as it doesn't become a regular issue then it shouldn't be anything serious.
It didn't mimic a seizure, did it?

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

A lot of them do odd twitches such as that. I feel as long as it doesn't become a regular issue then it shouldn't be anything serious.
It didn't mimic a seizure, did it?

Tracie
I don't think so. I've seen a video of one having a seizure and it didn't look anything like that. It was just those two circled parts of her body twitching and her left foot kicked at that part of her, like it bothered her or she was dreaming or something. Still hasnt done it again. She's been a little bleh the last few days though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, good to hear she hasn't had a seizure. That is very scary to see when that does happen! Perhaps
it was just something during her sleeping that was a one time thing, not sure.
If your weather is overcast or cooler, that might explain why she is not real active right now. It affects them
quite a bit when weather is dreary, just like it does us.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Ok, good to hear she hasn't had a seizure. That is very scary to see when that does happen! Perhaps
it was just something during her sleeping that was a one time thing, not sure.
If your weather is overcast or cooler, that might explain why she is not real active right now. It affects them
quite a bit when weather is dreary, just like it does us.

Tracie
Our weather is a tad bleh lately with the cold and it did rain most of the day. She's been less active the last several days. She looks awake because her eyes are cracked open but when I open her tank, she jerks her eyes open and jumps out of her scales like she was dead asleep and I scared her.

This is how she's just been laying around for almost a week. One good thing is that today, she ate a big hornworm. I know it's weird but the way she's been laying is...not the same as the way she was laying before, if that makes any sense.

Attachments

• 20231220_160920.jpg
    20231220_160920.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231217_210516.jpg
    20231217_210516.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 33

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing? This is what they usually
do when they are slowing down, they don't
move very much. It doesn't look like she has
lost any weight, based on the pictures.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Twitches could be a sign of MBD, to confirm I suggest you can bring her to vet and see if vet suggest an x-ray.
She was at the vet about a month ago, and they said she looked great and no signs of mbd at all. It's the first time I had ever seen her twitch at all and she hasn't done it since

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

How is she doing? This is what they usually
do when they are slowing down, they don't
move very much. It doesn't look like she has
lost any weight, based on the pictures.

Tracie
She's still doing the same, not real active, laying around, etc. No twitching or anything but she looks alert, when she isn't napping or anything. And she does still basking. And she ate a few crickets yesterday or day before. I don't think she's lost any weight, either. She certainly doesn't look the 560-something that does weigh. I wish she would eat more, though. Like maybe once a week with only two or three bugs stresses me out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At least though, she hasn't had anymore twitching right now. I'm happy to hear that she is still
basking though, for part of the time. If she is holding her weight then it sounds like she is very
healthy then.
I'm sure she wont be down for too long! It is stressful when they brumate though.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

At least though, she hasn't had anymore twitching right now. I'm happy to hear that she is still
basking though, for part of the time. If she is holding her weight then it sounds like she is very
healthy then.
I'm sure she wont be down for too long! It is stressful when they brumate though.

Tracie
It is, for sure. I don't think she's trying to brumate, though. But she's definitely a tad lethargic and just kinda blah, laying around. She's definitely been stressing me out with it all lately

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom