I call B.S. (beardies being none social)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I think you are right. The bad keeping could greatly influence their behavior.
I have watched the video many times
and it's so nice to see two happy rescued beardies :D

PS: And Ruby won my heart!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She says thank you 🙂. Don't let her cute little face fool you though. She is very much a master of guilting everyone into getting her way lol. 😆

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So i finally remembered to video my girls snuggling. This is what they do everytime i put them together.
I told you Ruby had my heart from day one. SHe said wait a second, okay- let me check this out- okay- wait- it's safe. I am going in- awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I just melted.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I wonder if because we can't tell gender at birth if it's also best to just add that to the equation with regards to separating them too. However, I think I read some of the females can't get along (after the Ruby video, I forgot about the previous information I just read lol)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have to watch Snickers pretty close, she is as likely to pounce as to snuggle. (More likely actually) she don't really like being near any of the others, and if i have another on my chest with her, she'll try to run them off most every time. She even goes after Zen and he is literally 3 times her size. I think it is a dragon by dragon basis. Some are just friendly and some aren't.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Every source, every site, every pet store ..... everyone says beardies are not social and don't won't to socialize with each other than for mating.
Well I call bull chit! My two girls Sweet Pea and Ruby (both rescues) absolutely go out of there way to hang out together. When ever they can get near each other they always end up touching, their feet (looks like they are holding hands) their tails crossed, ones chin propped on the other, ect always something. When we have them out on their hammock, if we are holding one, she will try to get on the hammock or the one on the hammock will try to climb onto us. They seem to genuinely like each other.
Now I'm not saying all beardies are this way, I'm just saying they have the capabilities to befriend each other if it suits them.
I think there is still alot to know and learn about the social dynamics and intelligence of these little guys.
I'm going to post a pic or two, when we put them on the hammock I deliberately let quite a bit of space between them, within 5 minutes they ended up where you see them. This happens every time to.
For the most part when my 2 girls got together (Amber was few weeks old) they hung out even slept on one another out of their enclosures. Then as my Amber grew and got bigger and wanted to be a big girl she and Chubbs would act aggressive at times. Sometimes it was a simple head bob and arm wave and everything was fine but then sometimes biting ensued.

Naturally they are besties but love testing the waters and each others patience (and mine). I would and have NEVER had them in the same enclosure they have different personalities and love their alone time in their enclosures.

This is recent

Attachments

• IMG_20230322_180758.jpg
    IMG_20230322_180758.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230322_180806.jpg
    IMG_20230322_180806.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 59

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They are both very pretty. I never house mine together either. But i do have them all out in the evenings, i know them well enough now to know how far to trust them. Zen and Snickers are the two i have to watch. Zen won't attack the girls but he will try to mate with them, he would hurt Sinatra though. Snickers is just a bully. The other three generally get along pretty good. We always have at least one of us in the room at all times when they are all out though just to be safe.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
For the most part when my 2 girls got together (Amber was few weeks old) they hung out even slept on one another out of their enclosures. Then as my Amber grew and got bigger and wanted to be a big girl she and Chubbs would act aggressive at times. Sometimes it was a simple head bob and arm wave and everything was fine but then sometimes biting ensued.

Naturally they are besties but love testing the waters and each others patience (and mine). I would and have NEVER had them in the same enclosure they have different personalities and love their alone time in their enclosures.

This is recent
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww love the picture.

(I love their sizes!!!!!!!!!!!! if everyone thinks I am crazy with the Rocky stories now, if/when Rocky gets this size, no one can tell me anything! I will feel as if I hit the LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom