Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb.

I know that I need to release the emotional pain. If I had known (or been remotely aware of) that I'd been suppressing, I would've stopped it a long time ago.

By the way, no, I never did finish signing that card. :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry Gina, it hurts very badly. Deb is right, it is best to let it out, not good for your health at all to hold in the grief.

You could still sign his name on the card and even Digi's. Their grandmother would be glad to know you did include them as they were both part of the family for so long. And, their hearts are still with all of you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I don't know how to include both Pookie's and Digi's names to the card, as I didn't sign Digi's on the Valentine's Day card :(

I'll think about it. If I still can't do it by tomorrow afternoon, then it's not going to happen.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Include them both, if there's questions, just say you forgot to put Digi's name in the previous card, but I know there won't be any questions.

I finally got a card out to Barbara today, so when you can, send it. No rush on that either.

I know how hard it is to release pent up grief. I lost so many over 2 1/2 yrs, it was very hard, but finally did and felt much better. Take your time, Gina, it's your grief.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2hzuktu0 said:
I finally got a card out to Barbara today, so when you can, send it. No rush on that either.
Sorry to sound ignorant, but, send what?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Here's how I signed Pookie's and Digi's name:

2016_05-03.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, I never thought that it'd be such a chore to buy an urn! There are so many ugly ones and really expensive ones.

I had bought two separate urns for Digi and Pookie, but they turned out to be too small, so I have to return them. After hours of searching, I decided to buy one urn and place both of their ashes together, the way they're supposed to be. However, I can't decide on which one I like better. :(

1. Near & Dear Pet Memorials 40 Cubic Inch Engraved Pet Cremation Urn, Medium, Silver (by Near & Dear Pet Memorials): http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ENAYOAK

2. Perfect Memorials Small Rotating Memories Cremation Urn Up to 6 Pictures (by Perfect Memorials): http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00IAB84S6

3. Perfect Memorials Small Fancy Flourish Cremation Urn (by Perfect Memorials): http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0176TWZ3W

4. Near & Dear Pet Memorials Elite Cloisonné Floral Pet Cremation Urn, 50 Cubic Inch, Blue (by Near & Dear Pet Memorials): http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ENAZ7EM

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Diane, you and I think alike because those are the two I chose, too. Those two are perfect, Gina.

And the card I was referring to was the one you got for Barbara, I wasn't sure if that was what you were referring to. My bad if not.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
sweetiepie9":2mmvfvrz said:
Diane, you and I think alike because those are the two I chose, too. Those two are perfect, Gina.
Of course we think alike Deb, how could we not? ;)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The card for Barbara was sent the next day after posting it here.

Thanks, Diane and Deb. I thought that by adding the angel wings would mean more than simply signing their names.

The gray one with the diamond cut (#3) was the one I had initially wanted, but then I kept looking and found the others, then I couldn't decide.
I think I'm going to buy #1, but in the small size (25 cubic inches, 3.9 x 3.9 x 6.1 inches).

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love the pattern on #1, Gina, it's beautiful.

I got that mixed up, glad that card when out. I wish she had a phone so I could contact her, I hate going through Frank, he treats her so badly.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's confirmed. Gianna is as smart as her Daddy was.

Her morning routines had always been to sit in the kitchen window, looking at the backyard, for a few hours, then jump down to go potty, then climb up the couch to sit in front of the living room window, looking at the front yard. She had always stood on the floor in front of the kitchen window and looked up, asking to be picked up and placed on the perch. I'd been trying the "come here and I'll give you an upsy" trick (something that Pookie had learned very early on), where I'd hold out my hands for her to climb on to, but she never 'got it'. Until today. I held out my hands and said, "Do you want an upsy? Come on my hand.". She looked at me, looked at my hands, and actually walked over and plopped herself on my hands!

Thinking that it was a coincidence, I tried it again in the afternoon, and again, she walked right onto my hands to be lifted up. After 3.5 years, Gianna finally learned "upsy"!

I hope Pookie is smiling and feeling proud of his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom