Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
sweetiepie9":2vzehrne said:
That would sure work for me, too. If I figure out a way, I'll let you both know :lol:
:laughhard: Yes, be sure to let us know. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":201kztqx said:
sweetiepie9":201kztqx said:
That would sure work for me, too. If I figure out a way, I'll let you both know :lol:
:laughhard: Yes, be sure to let us know. :wink:
If you do find a way, you could be a millionaire! :blob5:

Quick Pookie tale before I forget about it:
Yesterday, around 2pm, as I had just exited the bathroom and turned the corner to walk down the hallway and back into the living room, I was met with a frantically-running Pookie. If I hadn't already known that he was running around, I might have stepped on him. He had his tail high up in the air and was nearly running on the tips of his toes. I immediately scooped him up and held him tight against my chest, telling him that everything's ok and that I was there to protect him. I'm pretty sure that he saw a hawk in the distance, because that's the only thing that would send him running off like that. What's strange was that typically he'd dive under the couch, even if I was in the room with him; but yesterday, he ran from the living room to look for me.

As I was holding him and consoling him, he never once moved. Instead, he snuggled close to me and never lifted his head to look around. After walking around with him for 5 minutes, I decided to sit down on the couch, thinking that he'd walk off and back to the window. Nope, that didn't happen. I saw on the couch snuggling with Pookie for almost 1.75 hours! I don't remember the last time I had spent that much quality time with him, during the day. Despite my left arm falling asleep and imprinted with his scales, I did not want to let him go, ever.

Finally, at 3:45pm, Pookie shifted and turned around, then sat with his arms resting on my forearm. He sat like that for about 10 minutes. I had asked him if he was ok, if he was calmed down enough to sit back in front of the window. He thought about it for a bit, then finally crawled down to my lap, sat for a spell, then onto and across the couch, and eventually back up to the top of the couch.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good thing you were for Pookie snuggle time, he really needed you. He must have seen a hawk and it was just too much for him. Maybe it came really close to the living room window. So glad you were there to reassure him. Glad he's feeling better :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, poor Pookster. Sure sounds like it was a hawk or maybe a buzzard that terrified him so. Cute that he came to find you so you could protect & comfort him. How sweet that you got to cuddle him for so long. :love10: Is he acting all better today?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
After being comforted for nearly 2 hours, Pookster was back to his normal self. He immediately took his post in front of the living room window and never acted apprehensive about being there.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I cannot believe what I just witnessed. If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I would never in a million years believe the event happened if told by someone else.

Picture it: Zim goes out for potty. He banks a right after descending the deck steps and does his business. He finishes then starts to walk towards underneath the deck. Suddenly, he stops walking, and a bunny bolts out. The bunny makes a left to the middle of the backyard then a quick right to the back corner of the yard. The bunny sits at the back corner and watches Zim sniff around looking for him. Zim eventually loses interest in finding the bunny and refocuses on going potty; walks to the left side of the yard and poops. The bunny suddenly hops forward to the tree about 10 feet away, takes a one second break, then runs toward the deck. Instead of going under the deck, the bunny stops ~5 feet before it and resumes his dinner.

Zim never went back to the right side of the yard to where the bunny was; instead, he went straight up the steps and walked back and forth for a few, then eventually sat on the top of the steps to "scan" his backyard. Despite me talking to the bunny (telling him that he was a crazy and funny bunny, and that he and Zim have a very strange relationship) and hearing him chew, Zim never walked back onto the lawn. After sitting for ~5 minutes, we came back inside the house.

Before this wacky incident, I had to convince Zim that it was way too early for the bunny to be out (it was 6-something), but he definitely will be by the next time we go outside for potty. After telling him this twice, he finally reluctantly went in the house.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Gina, you must have been awfully good in a past life to have been given this wonderful entertainment right in your own back yard. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's an entertainment alright! I never know who/what I will see when I exit the back door.

Here's another amazement for you all: Yesterday morning, while filling the bird feeder and two bowls of squirrel food, numerous birds were already stopping by to eat their breakfast. A couple of squirrels had come scampering onto the deck but quickly retreated when they saw that I was still there. Finally, I decided to conduct a test to see if everyone would come to eat if I sat (more like squatted) very still. So I sat, motionless, in the freezing cold morning air, waiting for the first brave squirrel to walk over to me. I purposely placed myself in the middle of both food bowls, inches in front of them.

One particular squirrel kept running up the side steps and across the deck, until it reached about 8 feet of where I was, then it would bank a quick and sharp left down the main steps, then underneath the deck and repeat. That squirrel did about 3 laps before finally giving up and ran off to somewhere. Then another squirrel tried to approach from the right side of me, by doing an army crawl on the edge of the deck & rails and periodically peeking its head through to ensure that I was still there. Of course, seeing that cracked me up and I couldn't help but laugh out loud, which scared that squirrel and it ran down the deck and retreated to the trees. Just like the previous squirrel, this one made a few more attempts before giving up. When I was about to give up and stand up, I heard another squirrel hop up the main steps, then saw it peek around the corner and over the upper level of the deck. When I turned my head, it ran back down the steps, but not completely off. We played a few rounds of this game until it finally decided to be "the brave squirrel" and walked over to me, but stopping after a few steps to be sure that I wasn't going to attack. [Here's a funny: Whenever the squirrel stopped, it picked up its left hand and held it against its chest, almost as if it was clenching its heart, though I have no clue why it would be doing that.] Finally, it made its way to the food bowl to the left of me and dove right in, picking out only the sunflower seeds and spitting out the accidental corn kernel. Brat!

I tested the squirrels again this morning and one brave soul came to eat again. While this was going on, numerous sparrows and mourning doves and blue jays were visiting the bird feeder above me.

But wait! There's more!
smiley2913.gif

While picking up both dog and bunny poop this afternoon, I came to the realization that the bunny only poops where Zim poops, meaning not on the left side of the backyard nor in front of the steps. So very strange. *insert The Twilight Zone theme song here*

Tonja

BD.org Addict
You sure have some funny tales. That's odd the bunny would only poop where Zim does. Wonder if they are marking each other that way or if the bunny is claiming Zim as its family. I had a trained squirrel in Virginia. It would come in the house to eat peanut butter from a lid. It would also sit on my leg and eat its peanut butter. I could call it <baby come get your dinner> and it would come scampering up to the 2nd floor to eat. Never failed, every time I would call it would come running. Be patient and soon you will have them eating out of your hand or sitting on your legs lol.
As a side note, you make the prettiest memorial memes. They are gorgeous and the sentiments in them are wonderful.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Tonja":1pdxuzqh said:
That's odd the bunny would only poop where Zim does. Wonder if they are marking each other that way or if the bunny is claiming Zim as its family.
Is it possible for a dog to communicate with a rabbit? I truly believe that Zim had told the bunny to poop where he could reach it, because dum-dum would go around and eat each and every little pellet :puke: He used to do the same when we had a pet bunny. It used to piss Thunder off to no end.

Tonja":1pdxuzqh said:
As a side note, you make the prettiest memorial memes. They are gorgeous and the sentiments in them are wonderful.
Thanks. I try.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am not an animal psychologist by any stretch of the imagination. I do think that it is in some animals to, not necessarily communicate outside their own species, but come to a place through time, of a mutual trust. Kind of like a cat mothering a duckling or a dog mothering a bunny. In the case of Zim and the bunny perhaps they have a kind of mutual understanding of some kind and the bunny poohing near Zim's and Zim eating it <yuck> is Zim's way of protecting the bunny kind of like it is his puppy. Scent hiding like mother animals licking their babies, covering their babies excrements in some species and hiding their babies. Its possible Zim or the bunny one has adopted the other in a strange kind of friendship. There was a case where a dog and elephant befriended one another and were inseparable. When the dog got injured <not by the elephant> the elephant stayed by the window of the house the dog was in and would not leave. The owners of the dog brought the dog out to the balcony where the elephant was standing and it was amazing the change in the elephant on seeing the dog. When fully healed the dog and elephant picked up as if nothing had ever changed. Maybe this is the case with Zim and the bunny. Stranger things have happened or I am totally off my rocker.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is it possible for a dog to communicate with a rabbit? I truly believe that Zim had told the bunny to poop where he could reach it, because dum-dum would go around and eat each and every little pellet :puke: He used to do the same when we had a pet bunny. It used to piss Thunder off to no end.
:laughhard: Your critters are all so funny. Gotta love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom