Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather, Gina. Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow. I wish you a happy, healthy Christmas!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that Buddy was VERY special. Seems like he thought he was a beardie instead of a snapping turtle. It's so hard losing special pets, they always leave a small hole in our hearts. But, we all have wonderful memories.

Yes, you sure have had a HUGE assortment of critters, no doubt. :lol:

Hope Callie comes tomorrow to enjoy her new presents.

Good idea eating some saltines before bed. I'm surprised you were able to eat the little bit you did at your parent's house. Take it easy on your tummy tomorrow. I know exactly what you mean about the bagel feeling like a ton of bricks in your stomach. Hopefully you didn't lose much wt but when we're small, it doesn't take long to lose it & takes a long time to get it back. I lost at least 5 lbs when I had that nasty stomach bug & my pants are still fitting loser. Feel better.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gina, thank you so much for the beautiful card, I got it yesterday. It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it and to sign it from Callie and Zim made it even more special.

I hope you're feeling better today. I'm so sorry you got that awful stomach bug before Xmas. I'm glad you got over to your folks last night, though. Now you can just relax and give your tummy a break with Saltine crackers, toast and some jam.

Nathaniel was kind enough to bite one of my fingers yesterday while I was feeding him roaches (he won't eat on his own while on the Panacur), so went to my brother's last night with a big bandage on my finger :lol: I took the bandage off last night (I stayed overnight there) and it's just a bruise. His teeth are bloody dangerous, for real :mrgreen:

You sure have a wilderness going in your back yard & wasn't that cool to have a cat dancing visit? So cool!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Esther. I'm getting there, little baby steps.

Diane - I decided to weigh myself (haven't touched the scale in decades; not sure why I bother to still have one) and it read 95 lbs (with a sweatshirt and pj bottoms), and that was after setting the dial at 2.5 lbs instead of zero (because it seemed to be that much less from what the doctor office's scale normally reads). When I got weighed 2 weeks ago at my annual gynecologist exam, I came in at ~96 lbs. So, I have no idea just how much weight I truly lost, but I do know that I had. Oh well, such is life.

Deb - Oh, I am so glad that the card reached you in time for Christmas! I figured, hey, why not add Callie to my menagerie. She's nearly mine anyway ;)

All - Barb (Witte) and Zak & Wheezie wanted me to extend "A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" to everyone, and that she misses everybody.

2014christmas.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Gina, you are so talented with your pictures! Love your babies on the ornaments. Glad to hear you are improving, albeit slowly. I'm glad you heard from Barb. Please give her our best wishes and tell her we miss her, too! Have a wonderful, restful remainder of your day!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your card was so pretty, never seen anything like it! It's on display in my living room so I can see it all the time.

That Xmas card you made is so precious, like Esther said, you are truly remarkable with your computer skills :D

I talked to Barb today for a couple of minutes; she's not working this Sat or Sun (for a change) so will be talking to her on Sunday, as Saturday I'll be away for the day. I'll give you an update, k?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The card turned out to be cuter than I thought. I wasn't able to see the inside, so I had no idea just how adorable the reindeers were.

Deb, when you speak to Barb, let her know that her great-granddaughter :laughing6: (Gianna) is now a hormonal teenager and even her daddy doesn't know what to do with you. And of course, that I miss her.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I will, we'll have lots of time to talk. I haven't been able to reach her lately, but I'll be home on Sunday, so I'll get caught up & let her know about Gianna & the rest of your gang, including Callie.

I hope you're feeling better Gina, that was a nasty bug you ended up with!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb!

I am finally able to eat, but very teeny tiny amounts at a time, otherwise the food (pretty much consisted of white rice, broth, toast, and Saltine crackers) would just sit there like a ton of bricks.

Speaking of Callie -- SHE FINALLY CAME BACK!!
I'd been looking outside starting at 3pm, then finally at around 5:30pm, I saw her sitting next to the shed. I didn't even bother to prepare her dinner first; all I wanted to do was to go outside and say hello.

I stood at the top of the steps and said, "Hi Callie! Hi baby!", then clapped my hands together and told her to come to me. She looked at me, then back at the shed, then at me, then back at the shed . . . I figured that it'd be easier for me to go to her since she didn't seem to want to leave her post for mouse watch. No sooner had I touched the ground and looked up that I saw Callie running towards me. She was so happy to see me, as I was to see her. After a few pets and scratches, I asked her if she wanted to go up onto the deck. She stood against a railing post, peeked around it and up the stairs, then came back to me. I said, "Let's go up on the deck, ok?", and to my surprise, she started to walk up the steps! She walked around for a bit, remarking (by rubbing, not spraying) the railing posts and side steps, and me, then I introduced her to her house. She was unsure of it at first, then she decided to be brave and lightly rub the back of the house with her butt. What I saw her do next will keep a smile on my face for a long time (well, until her next amazing thing) -- She walked into the house! She took a quick sniff and walked right back out. My hope is that, after a few more walk-ins, she'll decide to stay.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Loved the garland picture of all your babies. You sure are clever & talented, I would have no idea how to make/design something like that.

I don't like weighing myself either, never like the amount I see. :roll: You & I weigh about the same amount. Paul had been trying to get me to eat more at every meal but I just went for my yearly physical and my doctor told me to just eat small amounts & often, eat whatever I want & not to over stuff as it's not good on your stomach after vomiting like that so thought I would share that with you. I'm glad you're able to eat some now though, just go slow & easy.

SO happy to hear that Callie came back, we all knew she would. :p So cute the way she ran to you and then checked out her new home, making sure that her scent was on it. Did you put the pad in it yet? Bet one of these days you'll call her & she'll come out of her new house. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks. I cheat on a lot of the stuff I make, where I find photos on the internet to suit my need then "enhance" them with my own stuff. I wish I still had a working version of Illustrator, where I can actually draw and create things on my own.

My way of knowing whether I'd gained or lost weight is how my clothes fit. If my pants start to fall off, then I know I'd been losing ;)

Once my system is compromised, it takes a long time for it to bounce back. Any ailments that involves the stomach or digestive system would typically take 1-2 weeks before I start to feel like myself again. It's really awful, which I'm sure you, Diane, understand.

Speaking of eating, I had sneaked in an extra teaspoonful of rice (very wet and soft) just a few minutes ago, after already eaten about a half cup, and the end result was a very unpleasant burp. Yup, I'm done with dinner :(

Yes, I had placed the pad in Callie's house. It was the crinkling noise that the pad made when I touched it that enticed her to check it out, because she suddenly whipped her head around to look at what had made that noise.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great that Callie visited and liked her new house. Hopefully she will decide it's a good place to stay. It is on the deck? Was trying to visualize it. That means that she can come in when Zim isn't out?

I'm so glad you're recovering. Boy and you and Diane...I should send you over some weight. I have to lose 25 lbs and really have to start doing that. I'm supposed to be going to Yoga every Sat am, but haven't started yet (I'm just a chicken, but have to take the plunge).

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I placed her house right next to the side steps, where Zim can't reach it.

If you split the 25 lbs between me and Diane, I think 12.5 lbs each would put us both in the ideal weight :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Goonie":zlur5xu7 said:
I placed her house right next to the side steps, where Zim can't reach it.
That was a good idea. :D
Goonie":zlur5xu7 said:
If you split the 25 lbs between me and Diane, I think 12.5 lbs each would put us both in the ideal weight :lol:
That works for me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom