Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Pookie is definitely an original, so funny that he's drawn to those kittens. And that one of them is scared of him, he's not a lot bigger than they are!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
WE HAD A BREAKTHROUGH! Yesterday afternoon, we (Pookie and Gianna) went to PetSmart to check out the kitties, and the one that was fearful of Pookie actually came up to the front of the cage and sniffed him through the bars! Of course, it took nearly an hour of her hiding in the back and avoiding direct eye contact, but my I-love-everyone Pookster broke through to her. I couldn't be more proud :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm getting better at sneaking in pics of my fuzzy butt :D

Smelling the night time air (9/1)
2013_09-01b.jpg

(9/8)
2013_09-08.jpg

What do you mean I can't have a treat?!
2013_09-08e.jpg

CHEESE!
2013_09-08g.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Remember my close encounter with a skunk awhile back? Well, it happened again.

About an hour ago, I went outside to check on Zim (because I couldn't see him on the deck nor on the lawn). As I walked out of the laundry door and onto the deck, instead of seeing Zim standing in the yard, I saw a skunk with his tail way up high in the air. To make things even scarier, I then saw Zim standing within 5 feet of the skunk. I immediately pulled on his line to bring him back and avoid being sprayed (all the while smelling the air and praying that he hadn't already been sprayed). Instead of coming up the deck steps, Zim cowered next to it (I think it was from the sudden tug of the line that scared him). As I held the line tight with one hand to avoid Zim from walking towards the skunk, I pointed towards the back of the yard with the other while saying "Go that way!" to the skunk. To my surprise, the skunk actually turned around and started walking away, but only for a few steps. It stopped, turned around to face us, and raised its tail. Again, I pointed towards the back of the yard and said "Go that way! Go on!", and again, to my surprise, it turned around and walked away. Just before reaching the shed, it stopped and turned around again, and again I said "Go on!" and thank goodness this time it kept walking until it disappeared behind the shed and to the woods. And the skunk never sprayed once! Because I don't smell a thing in the air or on Zim. Thank god!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow! That was lucky!

My black lab got sprayed by a skunk and to make matters worse, he was a lab who hated baths so the tomato baths were nearly impossible but his stink was unbearable.

So, can we add skunk whisperer to your list of awesomeness?

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Goonie":ih07u6df said:
Remember my close encounter with a skunk awhile back? Well, it happened again.

About an hour ago, I went outside to check on Zim (because I couldn't see him on the deck nor on the lawn). As I walked out of the laundry door and onto the deck, instead of seeing Zim standing in the yard, I saw a skunk with his tail way up high in the air. To make things even scarier, I then saw Zim standing within 5 feet of the skunk. I immediately pulled on his line to bring him back and avoid being sprayed (all the while smelling the air and praying that he hadn't already been sprayed). Instead of coming up the deck steps, Zim cowered next to it (I think it was from the sudden tug of the line that scared him). As I held the line tight with one hand to avoid Zim from walking towards the skunk, I pointed towards the back of the yard with the other while saying "Go that way!" to the skunk. To my surprise, the skunk actually turned around and started walking away, but only for a few steps. It stopped, turned around to face us, and raised its tail. Again, I pointed towards the back of the yard and said "Go that way! Go on!", and again, to my surprise, it turned around and walked away. Just before reaching the shed, it stopped and turned around again, and again I said "Go on!" and thank goodness this time it kept walking until it disappeared behind the shed and to the woods. And the skunk never sprayed once! Because I don't smell a thing in the air or on Zim. Thank god!
Wow. :shock: Glad you guys didnt get sprayed!
Especially Zim, if he's afraid of the camera...that means he's probably gonna be afraid of the red liquid (tomato)in the bathtub. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Zim despises baths! Actually, the word "despise" is an understatement, as he basically cries bloody murder whenever he had to have a bath, whether it be in the tub or outside on the deck.

The first and last time Zim got sprayed was a nightmare. It was close to midnight and he had gotten sprayed right in the face. I went with the baking soda/club soda/dish detergent route, but will never do that again because I had white residues all over the house and it didn't do much for getting rid of the smell.

Esther19":3hx2agzz said:
Wow. That's amazing. I wonder what made him listen to you? You must sound like his mama. Lol
:laughhard: If I sound like his mama, I'm in trouble.

I wonder what would've happened if I had actually screamed at the skunk -- would he had ended up spraying out of pure fear or anger??

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
A quick Pookie tale (just because I love telling them ;) ):

We visited PetSmart yesterday to see if his favorite kitties were there and to say hi to everyone else. Luckily, his orange/white kitties were there and he was so happy to see them (his beard had on his happy yellow/orange specks). Because we got there so late (after 4pm), most of the cats/kittens were already napping and weren't so interested in seeing Pookie. We sat in front of the orange/white kittens for awhile, with a few kidnap interruptions (employees stealing him for snuggles), then I decided to walk to the back of their cage (where they were curled up) to see who the kittens would react. Well, not only did the one kitten wake up and look at Pookie, but she stuck her nose out of the cage bars and gave him a kiss! YUP! You read that correctly, the kitten licked Pookie! She even stayed nose-to-nose for nearly 10 seconds!

After those kittens left with their foster mom, we went to look at another kitten who was very scared of everything. Again, Pookie took a liking to her and didn't want to leave. He even paced back & forth and scratched at the glass, wanting to get in. I think Pookie has a thing for scared kittens, where he wants to befriend them and make them feel more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom