Pleasure or Protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
My Leopard Gecko (Billy) arches his back when touched there, is he raising his back saying "this is nice" like a cat? Or is he saying "get off me! Look how big I am"?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
When I first got my Uro, he did this same thing I figured out though since his tail is a weapon for defense and what not, he was raising his hind legs up to let me know he could whip me if he wants to. With a Gecko though I could only speculate this is sort of the same thing. Probably wrong though LOL since I do not own one. :wink:
Just posting as there was a similarity between them.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is this a typical Leopard Gecko trait or will he eventually stop doing it when he's used to being handled?
He was pretty neglected before I took him in, so it makes me think the fear of being handled is in him for life.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Couldn't tell ya. There's a chance he will get over it, a chance he will warm up a little bit but not all the way, or a chance that he could be feisty til he's old.

One of my leos will dash to the nearest hide if I go near, and another will sit there and arch his back and wiggle his tail whenever I go near him or pet him. My first leo ever(I had him for like 5 years til we moved and I had to give him away) was like a beardie. He would hang out with you, wouldn't complain about being petted or picked up, he was a bro. They're all different.

I'm sure he will warm up at least a little if not all the way if you work hard to gain his trust. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom