Please HELP STRANGE BUMP ON BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
VickyAC":35df9yhc said:
So I should feed her mostly veggies according to her age and give her vitamins and calcium at least 3 times a week and she'll get better?

Are you sure she is 1 years old? 10 inches is WAY too small for an adult bearded dragon. How long have you've had her and what did you feed her when she was younger(if you've had her for a while)

VickyAC

Original Poster
I got her from petco and I've always fed her what the vets told me Whitch is crickets (5-15 a day)and veggies but she hasn't grown that much.i think it's malnourishment isn't it?

VickyAC

Original Poster
I didn't know that 10 inches was too small :shock:
I live in Mexico Puebla but we don't have good exotic animal vets that's why bringing her to a vet isn't an option :cry:

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
VickyAC":3ahelfbs said:
I got her from petco and I've always fed her what the vets told me Whitch is crickets (5-15 a day)and veggies but she hasn't grown that much.i think it's malnourishment isn't it?

Please please please give her more crickets just to boost her up, but do it slowly as it could hurt her stomach/guts/I forgot what it was called If you do too much at a time. Pet stores (unless local) do not know how old bearded dragons are. Bring her to a REPTILE vet in your area to make sure she is not malnourished and underweight.

Did the petco say she was one years old? A malnourished bearded dragon would look quite skinny and have sunken fat pads. If you can, please show a picture of her full body, and her fat pads (top of her hea)

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
VickyAC":1hg68tbm said:
I didn't know that 10 inches was too small :shock:
I live in Mexico Puebla but we don't have good exotic animal vets that's why bringing her to a vet isn't an option :cry:

Could you try contacting a vet online?

And yes, 10 inches is WAY too small for an adult. Adults are usually about 16-24inches.

Here is the graph I have for a beardies length:

0-2M: 4-6inches

3-4M: 10-12Inches

5-8M: 13-16Inches

9-11M: 18-20

12M+: 19-20

^ this could vary between bearded dragons

And this is my graph for food:

0-3M: insects three times a day

4-9M: insects two times a day (nine month olds can have veggies once a week)

10-12: insects once a day/every other day with veggies also every other day

12-15M: Veggies 5 times a week, insects twice a week

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Vicky I see the tank, nice + clean and has a good climbing log. Does she have trouble climbing now ? And very important, what type of lights do you have ? The reason she's small and has MBD is because you need to give her calcium every other day, but right now it could even be daily. Not in large doses but small, regular doses.

She also needs a good heat lamp and uvb bulb. Without those she will never improve but will only get worse. If it's warm where you live get her out in the sun everyday for an hour, that will help a lot. Offer her medium [ not large ] crickets, 4-5 at a time twice a day. To help her poo, offer her any of these [ or a combo of all : baby food squash, sweet potato or prunes. Canned pumpkin [ no spices , unsweetened applesauce. You can add a couple drops of veg. oil to any of those, but get some of the baby food + canned pumpkin ASAP. Offer it via syringe with extra water for hydration. A warmer than usual bath every other day but no belly rub in her condition it could be painful.

VickyAC

Original Poster
I have a bunch of questions.
First of all what if she doesn't want to eat the crickets?
Do I have to feed her with a feeding bearded dragon syringe or can I just use the normal syringes without the needle?
Can I add the calcium to the baby food?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
With good uvb lighting, proper heat [ basking spot at 100-105, coolest end about 78 ] and calcium she will get better , it will stop it from getting worse but the deformity may always be there to a degree.

And yes, mix the calcium with the baby food, use a syringe for feeding.

VickyAC

Original Poster
Hi AHBD, she's much much better today.
She ate four crickets, applesauce with calcium and she drank water.
She's also having no trouble popping at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom