patternless beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
type wiblits into the search box, there are 3 or 4 threads going on about this. I personally think they are pretty (superrrr expensive, but very cool looking).

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, they are awesome, beautiful dragons! Makes me want another one =D but the prices are enough to deter. =(

myzeak

Hatchling Member
there cute but who in there right mind would want to spend $4000 for one ( besides rich people and breeders) :shock: well mabey thats just me though because one says reseved

spyder79

Extreme Poster
most breeders wont touch the line either as it is a completely unproven and unknown morph. Not to mention it deffinately appears to be some type of hybrid.

Its just not worth it.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I really like these guys, I think the breeders who take the chance with them will have some really interesting genes to work with.

I'm curious why you think they are hybrids spyder? Have you looked the updated pics on their web site? The look like full beardies to me. I know as babies they look really weird, almost iguana like, but the subadults are normal looking.

xxthepatientxx

I'm sure the price comes from the sheer amount of selective breeding to eliminate patterns. Probably took a lot of time and effort. What I'd be worried about is the how many other recessive traits they might have after all that breeding (probably some inbreeding, too). It's like pure-bred/designer dogs; sure they look awesome but how many health issues are they prone to?

But really, that patternless is surprisingly cool-looking.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
xxthepatientxx":8b1b0 said:
I'm sure the price comes from the sheer amount of selective breeding to eliminate patterns. Probably took a lot of time and effort. What I'd be worried about is the how many other recessive traits they might have after all that breeding (probably some inbreeding, too). It's like pure-bred/designer dogs; sure they look awesome but how many health issues are they prone to?

didnt take them long to produce. seller stated it was a accident from their "normal pair" that they have produced each time that pair has been bred. So the seller has no idea (per their posts) how that line came about they accidentally fell on it so to speak.

xxthepatientxx

spyder79":85885 said:
xxthepatientxx":85885 said:

didnt take them long to produce. seller stated it was a accident from their "normal pair" that they have produced each time that pair has been bred. So the seller has no idea (per their posts) how that line came about they accidentally fell on it so to speak.

Huh. I didn't look that deep. Interesting. It will still be very interesting to see how they age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom