Overweight or Scale Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Hello. I was wondering if my dragon was overweight or if the scale I'm using may have a bug. She is 19 inches and supposedly weighs 545 grams.

84810-6282000881.jpg

84810-9361293679.jpg

MsCarter

Juvie Member
In my opinion she looks very plump and healthy. Every dragon is different and each has their own body shape and such. This is why I only use a scale to make sure my girl is not losing weight and to monitor her growth. Other than that I just use eye sight to determine if my dragon is a healthy size.
By looking at her I would guess your scale is about right. She's just a big girl but I personally do not think she appears to be overweight but that is my opinion

Oh and I thought I'd add that looks like the exact same scale I have which is very accurate for me. Just make sure it is on a flat hard surface before you cut it on and you can actually place a nickel on it to determine its accuracy. The nickel should be right around 5 grams

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya, she didn't look overweight to me but I just wanted someone else's opinion. Personally I am proud of her weight because that shows I take care of her. I can now say she is my girl of 540 grams 8)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks very pretty and her weight is right at the high end of acceptable/healthy. :) Now is the time to be just as careful that it doesn't go UP, almost as important as if it doesn't go down. Overweight dragons will become lethargic as they get older , almost becoming reptilian couch potatoes. Even when they are let out to roam they quickly lose energy/interest and end up just hanging out in one spot. So be careful that the weight doesn't go up, and losing a bit would not hurt her at all.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
^on my original post I was thinking about adding that it may be wise to not let her gain anymore right now. Not saying she is overweight bc as I mentioned I think she looks very healthy and beautiful. But just as AHBD stated, you don't want her to become overweight and develop any health issues. I would certainly start giving mostly salads if you haven't already.

And she is absolutely worth being proud of. She's beautiful and clearly very well cared for

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes to her dismay she is now on a 70% salad diet. She's being stubborn on eating so I'm just gonna wait her out... she'll have to eat someday. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom