Obese scale babies

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Okay so we all know Nubby and Dreki. They were like a month old when we rescued them (they're about 4 months now) and were/are voracious eaters, ate great. Everyday they eat *all* of their huge salads i make, worms, fruit, bugs, all of it. Dreki is 18 inches long at 4 months and weighs about 360 Nubby is also 4 months, about 15 inches (he's missing the last two inches of his tail) and weighs 340. Does that seem overweight to anyone or is it just me.? Dreki definitely looks chunky but she's so damn long already, it's unreal.

Do my lizards need a diet.? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… also, ignore the messy tank, right before this, Nubby decided to get the lizard version of the zoomies and threw his salad everywhere.

Attachments

• 20230627_153330.jpg
    20230627_153330.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 20230627_152828.jpg
    20230627_152828.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 59

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are big forc4 months old but they look fairly well proportioned to me. Both are friggen gorgeous to.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They are big forc4 months old but they look fairly well proportioned to me. Both are friggen gorgeous to.
They're awfully long for their ages, but they were super tiny when we first got them.

They're definitely pretty babies. Nubbys back is gray from shed but he's such a pretty red/orange with this like... mustard yellow, it's wild

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They look like they would glow when fired up.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They look like they would glow when fired up.
Oh it's awesome. Dreki sometimes gets super dark so it's like a real dark brick red and it's real cool how Nubbys legs and head start out that green/yellow and turn into that red orange that he is. They're definitely pretty babies

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Okay so we all know Nubby and Dreki. They were like a month old when we rescued them (they're about 4 months now) and were/are voracious eaters, ate great. Everyday they eat *all* of their huge salads i make, worms, fruit, bugs, all of it. Dreki is 18 inches long at 4 months and weighs about 360 Nubby is also 4 months, about 15 inches (he's missing the last two inches of his tail) and weighs 340. Does that seem overweight to anyone or is it just me.? Dreki definitely looks chunky but she's so damn long already, it's unreal.

Do my lizards need a diet.? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… also, ignore the messy tank, right before this, Nubby decided to get the lizard version of the zoomies and threw his salad everywhere.
Holy crap- talk about massive dragons🀯! I have a 4 1/2 month old, turning 5 months of the 1st of July, that is only 14 inches and 97 grams! What bugs and greens are you feeding them? Tell me your secrets 🀣! Anyhow, they look to be in pretty good shape; tail fat is good, fats pads aren't sunken... Perfect from my stand point, and beautiful as well! Don't worry about the mess, my boy squirts cricket innards every where!

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Holy crap- talk about massive dragons🀯! I have a 4 1/2 month old, turning 5 months of the 1st of July, that is only 14 inches and 97 grams! What bugs and greens are you feeding them? Tell me your secrets 🀣! Anyhow, they look to be in pretty good shape; tail fat is good, fats pads aren't sunken... Perfect from my stand point, and beautiful as well! Don't worry about the mess, my boy squirts cricket innards every where!
Oddly enough, there's nothing specific. We went by what Google says to do, feed them whatever they'll eat in a 5 to 10 minute time span three to four times a day, minimum of three. And we do dubias, sometimes crickets. And in between meals, we do a few like two or three hornworms or superworms in between at least one or two of the feedings. As for salads, I cut up collard greens, mustard greens, (or turnip greens, depending on what I buy that time) kale and will sometimes put red or yellow pepper on it and just mix it up and give them their salads with calcium powder on top.

Our one year Olds ended up the same. Toothless turned 1 last month, he's almost 22 inches at 620g and Nova will be 1 next month at 19 inches and 670g. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
We care so much, we got one of those scrib 3D pens to try to draw Nubby some little socks for his nubs so he can walk across the floor easier. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
Omg you have GOT to post pics when they're done πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Omg you have GOT to post pics when they're done πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Uh duh.!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i have to figure out the best way to do it, he has half of a little toe and I don't want the shoe pressing on his toe so I think I'll do little like.. cuffs.? Things that slide around his foot so that he has better traction without having to cover that whole foot.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. πŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom