Bleeding snout

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova had a chunk of what looked like old shed buildup on the tip of her snout. My others have had it, so I assumed that's what it was. Well, she spends most of her days surfing, begging to get out, sliding her nose across the glass. Yesterday I saw she was digging her face into her hide, scratching it and when I looked, the shed/scale was coming off but it's bleeding underneath. Did she manage to partially rip off a legit scale.?? It's only bleeding in that one tiny spot and only a little, it's not even seeping around the edges or anything. do we leave it alone? Take her to the vet to have it removed.? It doesn't seem to be bothering her too much because she still does her face digging into the glass to be let out and ifnit does bother her, she doesn't act like it.

Attachments

• 20231220_143459.jpg
    20231220_143459.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231220_143431.jpg
    20231220_143431.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231220_143408.jpg
    20231220_143408.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 27

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
These squirrely buggers can drive us crazy sometimes ! It's just a wee spot, like us cutting our fingertip or lightly scratching our lip or something. Just put a dab of raw honey on once a day, even more if she licks it off right away.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
These squirrely buggers can drive us crazy sometimes ! It's just a wee spot, like us cutting our fingertip or lightly scratching our lip or something. Just put a dab of raw honey on once a day, even more if she licks it off right away.
Okay, I'll definitely have to try that. She's just about ripped it off being a nutjob but it really doesn't seem to bother her all that much, thankfully

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom