not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

mece

my dragon is not moving or climbing up her basking branch she usually sleeps on that branch but she is not moving i put some crickets in the tank and she usually chases them down and eats them but she didnt move at all whats the problem

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'd give her a lukewarm bath. You might have to hold her head up. Stay with her the whole time. Lots of times baths will perk them up.

mece

Original Poster
it worked she start moving then i gave her some crickets she ate one then start moving back and forth then she climbed up her basking branch came down and start moving back and forth but didnt eat anymore she usually eats alot i dont know the problem

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Good that she perked up a little. You need to make sure that she is well-hydrated. She should probably have a bath every other day. Also, dribble some water over her lips with a dropper or the like, and let her lick it. Might take a few tries to teach her to do this, but don't give up. Another reason they don't eat is because their basking temp is too low. What are her temps, and what are you using to measure them? What brand and shape UVB bulb does she have?

mece

Original Poster
i checked the bask temp it was 95 so i put my light closer to see if that will help im using the solor glo bulb

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Good idea to raise her temps. 105 is the highest temp you want, though. I am forgetting what I know about the Solar Glo bulb. It is very possible that it is not right for dragons. How old is the bulb? What kind of thermometer do you use?

When you say she is moving back and forth, is it a normal type of movement, like running or walking?

Will she drink water for you?

mece

Original Poster
The bulb is almost. Two months old I have a temp gun I just. Put her mouth. Under. Some. Running water now she's basking I hope she's better

Esther19

BD.org Addict
If you don't have a dropper, just put the water in a spoon and dribble it over her lips. I doubt dragons can drink from a faucet, and she might get some in her lungs.

mece

Original Poster
i threw 2crickets in her tank she didnt eat them so i gave her a bath usually after the bath she bask she went to bask tonight and she is on the basking branch but barely like she had trouble getting up there

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Did you remove the crickets so they dn't bite her?

Here are some questions. Your answers will help us help you.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
What is the length and weight your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom