New/first beardie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok feed her 3 hrs before lights out she needs time to bask - please take the water bowl out- dragons usually don't drink from them - they get most of their moisture from their salads- rinse her greens before serving- you can also drop water on her nose or feed her out of a eye dropper- 75 is good you don't want any warmer check temps in morning
Yes I agree with Karrie the water bowl is not needed plus it adds humidity. The heat emitter does snuff out humidity but you don’t want to run it at 75 degrees. When I was getting use to my nighttime temps, I would get up every couple hours to check if it’s too cold and if it’s drops below 65 you can run emitter and raise and lower your lamp stand until you get it back to 70ish.

newowner22

Original Poster
Really appreciate all your guys help fr. These are my morning temps humidity went up pretty high tonight never seen that before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Really appreciate all your guys help fr. These are my morning temps humidity went up pretty high tonight never seen that before.
Is this w/ the water bowl in there over night? If so take it out -- its not 70% or over so lets see what it does during the day? The humidity always goes up at nite and you have her on the floor right now correct -- I dont know if that makes a difference but I do recommend getting her off the floor - its cold and drafty so as soon as you can do that we can see if that makes a difference as well -- in the mean time you can place a sock w/ rice in it that will draw the moisture out of the tank - this is only needed if its getting too high -- like close to 70%

newowner22

Original Poster
Is this w/ the water bowl in there over night? If so take it out -- its not 70% or over so lets see what it does during the day? The humidity always goes up at nite and you have her on the floor right now correct -- I dont know if that makes a difference but I do recommend getting her off the floor - its cold and drafty so as soon as you can do that we can see if that makes a difference as well -- in the mean time you can place a sock w/ rice in it that will draw the moisture out of the tank - this is only needed if its getting too high -- like close to 70%
Inside the tank or like on top, yeah the water bowl is in there didn’t wanna wake it up but I took it out when lights on

newowner22

Original Poster
And also My mom found a dresser that would fit over here for like 50 bucks just gotta go look when I have off on Sunday it sucks I can only see my baby beardie in the morning, when I get home her lights out but I don’t wanna keep her up til 11-1130

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And also My mom found a dresser that would fit over here for like 50 bucks just gotta go look when I have off on Sunday it sucks I can only see my baby beardie in the morning, when I get home her lights out but I don’t wanna keep her up til 11-1130
Cute pic -- I haft to ask is that lettuce? If so please dont feed her ice berg lettuce - no nutritional value and its good for hydration once in awhile---- it will give her real watery poop -- I posted a nutrition website for you I think -- I did its back on page 2 --

newowner22

Original Poster
Cute pic -- I haft to ask is that lettuce? If so please dont feed her ice berg lettuce - no nutritional value and its good for hydration once in awhile---- it will give her real watery poop -- I posted a nutrition website for you I think -- I did its back on page 2 --
Good thing you said that I don’t think she ate any today she just stared at it but she loved chasing after the crickets thing is the front of her tank isn’t covered with a background, obviously front pics, but earlier I think she saw herself in the front and jumped off her Rock right into the glass then started trying to climb the bottoms to see the glass. The black on the bottom I guess this tank you can pull the bottom out so it’s not glass all the way down so when she on the ground she don’t see herself just on her rocks and platform..the pic is just showing what I mean by not all glass I just didn’t want her to like hurt her head or something cuz it sounded kinda hard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 70

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good thing you said that I don’t think she ate any today she just stared at it but she loved chasing after the crickets thing is the front of her tank isn’t covered with a background, obviously front pics, but earlier I think she saw herself in the front and jumped off her Rock right into the glass then started trying to climb the bottoms to see the glass. The black on the bottom I guess this tank you can pull the bottom out so it’s not glass all the way down so when she on the ground she don’t see herself just on her rocks and platform..the pic is just showing what I mean by not all glass I just didn’t want her to like hurt her head or something cuz it sounded kinda hard
Protein is her main diet now but salads should be offered every morning- you want her eating even a bite or two and make sure you rinse the greens before serving -- get some BSFL they are a great staple feeder -- I would get medium size and add them to her salads in front of her so it attracts her to the bowl
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
www.dubiaroaches.com this has good roaches better feeder than crickets and BSFL also called nutri grubs -- I would rinse them off they are small - feed as many as you want-- you can get her some small super worms as well feed 1-3 every other day -- make sure your dusting the main staple feeder -- she maybe exploring the tank or saw something on the floor -- not sure

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
The link to that feeder site Karrie gave you is the most reasonable money wise and always good healthy feeders

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Nutrigrubs (bsfl) are high in calcium and protein don’t even need to dust great for babies. The d3 and calcium dusting on everything else. Unless your doing silkworms those are high calcium too.

newowner22

Original Poster
Protein is her main diet now but salads should be offered every morning- you want her eating even a bite or two and make sure you rinse the greens before serving -- get some BSFL they are a great staple feeder -- I would get medium size and add them to her salads in front of her so it attracts her to the bowl
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
www.dubiaroaches.com this has good roaches better feeder than crickets and BSFL also called nutri grubs -- I would rinse them off they are small - feed as many as you want-- you can get her some small super worms as well feed 1-3 every other day -- make sure your dusting the main staple feeder -- she maybe exploring the tank or saw something on the floor -- not sure
Urgent question as soon as you can read this, I ordered 2 days shipping but I’m not it says it won’t be here til the 12-13th which is 3-4 days from now plus the last 2 without uvb… but Yeah I ordered the nutri grubs and the dubia roaches, even today the humidity was going up so I put the heat emitter like kinda far away so it’s being the temp up a little and humidity down a little.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Urgent question as soon as you can read this, I ordered 2 days shipping but I’m not it says it won’t be here til the 12-13th which is 3-4 days from now plus the last 2 without uvb… but Yeah I ordered the nutri grubs and the dubia roaches, even today the humidity was going up so I put the heat emitter like kinda far away so it’s being the temp up a little and humidity down a little.
What is the humidity? Are you in a warm area like 65 degrees or more?

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom