New/first beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Humidity around 45-51
Humidity is fine --- optimal humidity is 40-50-- nothing under 20 or over 70 --- you can take her outside place a tote NO glass directly in the sun dont leave her supervise her for 15 minutes or longer depending on how hot it is -- this will give her good UVB-- do this every day till your UVB comes in --

newowner22

Original Poster
Finally got the stand and I’m gonna get my girlfriend to bring her outside once the sun comes up, humidity already is way better and temp from since moving off the floor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 73

newowner22

Original Poster
Humidity is fine --- optimal humidity is 40-50-- nothing under 20 or over 70 --- you can take her outside place a tote NO glass directly in the sun dont leave her supervise her for 15 minutes or longer depending on how hot it is -- this will give her good UVB-- do this every day till your UVB comes in --
It’s sunny but the breeze makes it cold so should I just do around 10 minutes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It’s sunny but the breeze makes it cold so should I just do around 10 minutes
Yes if shes in the sun it will do her good -- watch to see if she starts turning black all over thats a sign of absorbing the heat -- if the plastic tote is deep enough she might be ok -- but you definitely what her to get the UVB rays-- what is the temp?

newowner22

Original Poster
Yes if shes in the sun it will do her good -- watch to see if she starts turning black all over thats a sign of absorbing the heat -- if the plastic tote is deep enough she might be ok -- but you definitely what her to get the UVB rays-- what is the temp?
“Feels like 55” on the weather app she’s outside right now I just got a pic I told her to bring her in after 10 minutes and put her on her rock

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You’ve got your stand to go lower and raise your bulb as you need you got proper UVB I’d say you’re well on your way to a good enclosure. Well done keep up the attentiveness

newowner22

Original Poster
Get a piece of decor and put directly under the UVB 12-15 inches
Will do I’m going pet store today for a few crickets to hold me over til roaches get her I guess something happened to order and had to email to get new stuff sent but will be here hopefully in 2-3 days , I got kale yesterday and she loves it she even eats from my hand.
You’ve got your stand to go lower and raise your bulb as you need you got proper UVB I’d say you’re well on your way to a good enclosure. Well done keep up the attentiveness
all thanks to everyone who took time to help me on here I really appreciate you guys and so does she… we been thinking about naming her toothless from the movie how to train your dragon lol

newowner22

Original Poster
It’s normal for my baby to turn black when absorbing uvb right? She’s not under the bask light she’s just under the uvb hood, she’s also moving a lot more but she will only eat like 20 crickets a day, the nutrigrubs should be here within the next day or 2 hopefully she likes them better but just don’t want it to not eat if she hungry…been eating kale every morning and throughout the day but if I put her in the tank with the crickets she doesn’t really want to chase and eat them and I put them in her home but not too many because don’t want them getting lost under the paper and her eat the dead ones if found, I usually just have to use tweezers and she’ll eat like that but the amount doesnt change she’ll eat about 8-12 in the morning but at lunch and dinner she’ll eat like 10 (MAXIMUM)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Your uvb and decor placement is good now right ? you have 12-15inches directly under the light right? And you want it running long ways on the tank. Next to bask light. If your uvb and temps are good just give toothless sometime. The black beard may just be from alot of changes and stress has been made as of lately. When toothless is use to things how they are and proper uv for the d3 cycle toothless will come around.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom