New dragons from bloodbankdragons.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Critter":1xwn5aru said:
What the hell!!

Since when can you buy living creatures that come in tiny bags packed in tiny little sealed boxes! That's awful! That seems like animal cruelty to me! Imagine what those poor dragons must have felt being cramped up inside a tiny little cardboard box sealed so tightly that the person had to use scissors and everything to get them out. That should be illegal!!

I'm honestly almost shaking with rage right now. I can't believe what I just saw! Those are living creatures and they were being roughly handled around in a box as if someone had just ordered a DVD from eBay or something. Disgusting.

If you've never ordered from a breeder that had to ship your beardie to you I can understand why you might think its cruel but they are packed very carefully and tightly to keep them warm and safe.. They are ALWAYS over nighted so its not like they bounce around for days on end..The boxes are marked all over to let the company know that they are live harmless animals.. Unfortunately some of us don't have access to reputable breeders or pet stores in our areas that carry quality dragons so therefore we are forced to order online.. If you buy your beardie from a local pet store chances are they were shipped to them so what's the difference? I purchased my beardie from a breeder several states away and they over nighted her to me and she was and still is in perfect health..

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Slave2Scarlett":343a8daz said:
Critter":343a8daz said:
What the hell!!

Since when can you buy living creatures that come in tiny bags packed in tiny little sealed boxes! That's awful! That seems like animal cruelty to me! Imagine what those poor dragons must have felt being cramped up inside a tiny little cardboard box sealed so tightly that the person had to use scissors and everything to get them out. That should be illegal!!

I'm honestly almost shaking with rage right now. I can't believe what I just saw! Those are living creatures and they were being roughly handled around in a box as if someone had just ordered a DVD from eBay or something. Disgusting.

If you've never ordered from a breeder that had to ship your beardie to you I can understand why you might think its cruel but they are packed very carefully and tightly to keep them warm and safe.. They are ALWAYS over nighted so its not like they bounce around for days on end..The boxes are marked all over to let the company know that they are live harmless animals.. Unfortunately some of us don't have access to reputable breeders or pet stores in our areas that carry quality dragons so therefore we are forced to order online.. If you buy your beardie from a local pet store chances are they were shipped to them so what's the difference? I purchased my beardie from a breeder several states away and they over nighted her to me and she was and still is in perfect health..

+1000

I don't see a problem if dragons are packed properly and weather permits shipping!

WesOzzy

Hatchling Member
If I could have, I would have gone with overnight shipping from a reputable breeder. Unfortunately we don't have access to any breeders in Ireland that I'm aware of so I was forced to get my beardies from a pet-store. Both are undersized for their age, with several nips. The smaller one is actually missing over half his tail.
Trust me, the breeders deliver healthier, better treated animals.
Which would you prefer, one night in a comfortable box, or several months in a cramped tank without proper lighting, food, or substrate?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Are you serious?? Have you ever seen a pet shop here in the US?? You must be disillusioned to think that a pet shop equals "good hands" when it comes to reptiles. There is nothing wrong with shipping a live reptile overnight. There are many precautions taken by any reputable breeder, which despite what some here may now say, bloodbank is not only reputable but a leader in the industry.

Secondly, your persecution to anybody who has a dragon that is any color other than "normal" is both unacceptable and unwelcome; at least to me. Also, you must again be disillusioned to think that bloodbank is the only breeder that sells or produces dragons that are anything but "normal".

People need to get over the whole bloodbank dragon video as well. It truly wasn't all that bad. Since you seem to be all about dragons only looking normal, i assumed that you would be OK with them eating the same things that they would in nature.

To wrap this little rant up....get over it.

Critter":2dnkim2r said:
Why do breeders need to "ship" dragons anyway? Whatever happened to caring breeders taking dragons to the reptile store and being in good hands? This is just proof of how corrupt the pet breeding industry is worldwide, even for reptiles. People are so greedy and obsessed with the physical appearance and "pretty colours" of their lizard that they would submit it to this "overnight shipping" which is blatant animal cruelty. Not only cruel but it has to be one of the most undignified things I have ever seen in my life. Shipping an animal in a box like that is reducing it to something on the same level or lower than most inanimate objects.

I can't believe you people. Your supposed to like reptiles yet you support this gross way of trading Dragons? Have you even seen the website of these "bloodbank dragons"? The whole thing is a joke! They have bred those poor dragons to the point that they are now a mockery of what dragons are supposed to be. Some of them don't even look like Bearded Dragons at all. They have been given freakish colours and appearances just for the sake of consumer dollars. Why do you think the strangely coloured ones are so much more expensive? These people don't care about the actual lizards they just want to earn the most money from it. What is so wrong with owning a Bearded Dragon which actual looks like a natural Beardie you might find in the wild? In the end it is the animals that suffer for this and I am grossly ashamed at anyone who supports this 'Bloodbank Dragons'.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
They are very pretty.
And wow, I am suprised to see so many rude people on this forum. Last time I checked, people were allowed to have different opinions. If you like bloodbank, cool, if you don't, cool. Do we really have to shed blood about it? I think everything that needs to be said has been said. One thread about the bloodbank issue already got locked because people didn't know how to act, lets not get another one locked. This guy is showing us his dragons, he bought them from bloodbank and that was HIS personal choice, if you don't want to look at them, don't.

I will be happy to see more pics after their shed :D

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
NightmareDisco":35r463p5 said:
They are very pretty.
And wow, I am suprised to see so many rude people on this forum. Last time I checked, people were allowed to have different opinions. If you like bloodbank, cool, if you don't, cool. Do we really have to shed blood about it? I think everything that needs to be said has been said. One thread about the bloodbank issue already got locked because people didn't know how to act, lets not get another one locked. This guy is showing us his dragons, he bought them from bloodbank and that was HIS personal choice, if you don't want to look at them, don't.

I will be happy to see more pics after their shed :D
+10!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Please try to stay on topic. The purpose of this forum is to share photos and videos of members' beardies, not to chastise where they came from (the breeder) or the manner in which they got there. If you have an issue with anything in relation to the video posted, please start a new thread elsewhere or PM the originator of the post. Do not continue to 'argue' in this thread.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I think your babies are beautiful and that must've been so exciting for you to have a "suprise dragon" in the box! I would've died!!! I'm like you though, extra viv and lights all over the place! Congrats and keep those pics coming!

Ectotherm1

I like bloodbank.
They're nice people, good prices, and will help you out if you're on a budget.

Also, to the people flipping the f out about shipping:
If Bearded Dragons were never shipped, we wouldn't have them as pets in America.
Also, how do you think pet stores get there animals? They have them shipped to them.
This thread isn't about arguing over shipping methods or who does and doesn't like bloodbank.

It's a guy showing his great looking bearded dragons, so let's get back to that.

:D

Nice beardies op, I subscribed to you on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom