New additions to the family FINALY HERE (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Please, separate them now. Dragons should not be housed together once they are beyond the six week stage. You already have dominance issues between them, a prelude to fighting and injuries are a very real probability. :( If you need more info on this issue, I have plenty!

SnapNYC

Original Poster
The baby Leatherback which i have yet to think up a good name completely shed his whole body in the sink today so here are some updated pics of his color and his tank

7b580e5a.jpg

ec87d445.jpg

0871463a.jpg

a230d4b5.jpg

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
I would separate them immediately! You should gave them all in separate enclosures. Dragons are not social with other dragons. Litter mates have a hard time not fighting much less four from totally different lines. Protect your babies and your investment and separate them. Methinks if you spent 425 on dragons you might have the finances to get two more set ups. If you are a little strapped now try craigslist in your area. They grnerally have fairly cheap tanks..... Sorry your having this issue but it's better that your there to witness it then to come home to a maimed or worse baby.... You can always put a towel in your bathtub and put one in there overnight....

SnapNYC

Original Poster
lizardgrrl":3pyeitsr said:
Please, separate them now. Dragons should not be housed together once they are beyond the six week stage. You already have dominance issues between them, a prelude to fighting and injuries are a very real probability. :( If you need more info on this issue, I have plenty!

well there fine now they have been fine the whole day just that once she puffed out her beard and it was just a staredown, i hope they will get used to eachother. i have no choice but to wait two days untill i get payed in order to buy another tank and lights to seperate them. hopefully if nothing happens in that time they will possibly get used to eachother? ill get back at you guys as time progresses

SnapNYC

Original Poster
I dont know she lays on top of him and basks and he lays on top of her and basks and they go about their business with no problem. they seem fine now i dont know.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
I have seen too many cases where people have been told they can be housed together, it's no problem, they'll adjust, and then one of the dragons injures, kills, or even eats the other dragon. Please do whatever you can to avoid tragedy. They may make it through two days, but they may not. We want the same thing, the best possible lives for your babies.

Laying on top of him is her way of dominating him, and he then tries to dominate her, when he lays on top of her. You have a fight waiting to happen.

SnapNYC

Original Poster
well they did that randomly at two separate times like it just looked normal they are ok but i will separate them as soon as i can

SnapNYC

Original Poster
well its been about a week housing the two juvies together and theyv been perfectly fine. the only thing is i have to take out the girl when feeding because she swipes all the crickets before he could catch them. i guess because hes still getting used to the workings of the tank. so i feed him some crickets then i put her in and she eats the rest. also do any of you have tips to fatten or grow the dragon faster. i want to apply the techniques to the smaller dragon so he can catch up to her. there only an inch apart and the girl is a little fatter

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
You will really need to separate them. Your female is dominating the male, and he may stop growing, and even eating, if you do not separate them. This is no where near "perfectly fine." If he remains significantly smaller than her, he may just end up as her snack. It has happened before, when owners refuse to believe the dangers of housing two beardies together. You spent serious money these babies, why not give them the space they need before you lose one or both of them to serious, but preventable injuries?

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
From first hand expirence..... I got a male and female dragon at a reptile show in January, they were both around 5 1/2 - 6 inches.... I kept them together for a few months while they were little, and I was building tanks and stuff. By the time I was able to separate them the female was 16 inches and the male was 10. The male is still only 12inches and my female is 18 1/2. I got lucky and nothing did happen, but the dominance issue was apparent and thus far having a lasting effect those are two of my own.... You should separate them when you can. They will be better for it, and you'll be glad you did.

SnapNYC

Original Poster
i have the extra tank but i need to build the terrarium proper before i put him in. which is costly, but necessary. Although nothing has happened in about a week or so im going to seperate them. im going to try to mix in some wax worms to the males diet so he grows fast hopefully catching up to the female eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom