My son

Mr.Dragon

Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
Hello beardies! I'm a brand new mother, just got my son(?) a few weeks ago. His name is Mr. Dragon, and he's the sweetest baby ever! He's very easy going, loves to explore, and chismoso (he probably gets that from me!). He's on a routine of friuts/veggies before insects twice a day, in the morning I let him out to explore and at night we cuddle before bedtime. He's the best thing that's happened to me since the tragic loss of my turtle, Mr. Turtle.
Mr. Dragon and I would like to thank the whole community for all the help and forums available, and all the cute pics of you're beardies!
We can't wait to learn more and become a more active member here! Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230624_200501.jpg
    20230624_200501.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20230618_182934.jpg
    20230618_182934.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230611_185501.jpg
    20230611_185501.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello beardies! I'm a brand new mother, just got my son(?) a few weeks ago. His name is Mr. Dragon, and he's the sweetest baby ever! He's very easy going, loves to explore, and chismoso (he probably gets that from me!). He's on a routine of friuts/veggies before insects twice a day, in the morning I let him out to explore and at night we cuddle before bedtime. He's the best thing that's happened to me since the tragic loss of my turtle, Mr. Turtle.
Mr. Dragon and I would like to thank the whole community for all the help and forums available, and all the cute pics of you're beardies!
We can't wait to learn more and become a more active member here! Thank you!
Welcome Mr Dragon --- his main diet should be insects - feeding both is good - but I would focus on the protein first -- he needs it for growing --- and to absorb the calcium hes getting on those insects your dusting is a good UVB --- No coils please or you will end up w/ a unhealthy dragon - surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- please rinse the salads before serving so hes getting water and the insects should be gut loaded before he eats - best time to feed them is at night --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Welcome 🙂 he is a cutie, i love the pic of him in your hand!
Feel free to ask about anything at all. There's no judgment here. We all just want you and your beardie to have the best life together possible.

Mr.Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
Welcome Mr Dragon --- his main diet should be insects - feeding both is good - but I would focus on the protein first -- he needs it for growing --- and to absorb the calcium hes getting on those insects your dusting is a good UVB --- No coils please or you will end up w/ a unhealthy dragon - surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- please rinse the salads before serving so hes getting water and the insects should be gut loaded before he eats - best time to feed them is at night --
Thank you! I always wash his salad first, and he only has a couple bites before the main protein course, always dusted. But what range should the hydrometer be at?
-Mr. Dragon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
what range should the hydrometer be at?
As long as the rest of your husbandry is in order, humidity is a non-issue. That is assuming you don't have condensation forming on the inside of your enclosure... :)

Beardies live in normal humidity levels just like we do. So don't go spraying the inside of the enclosure to raise it.

-Brandon

Mr.Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
As long as the rest of your husbandry is in order, humidity is a non-issue. That is assuming you don't have condensation forming on the inside of your enclosure... :)

Beardies live in normal humidity levels just like we do. So don't go spraying the inside of the enclosure to raise it.

-Brandon
Omg, thank God you just said that. My nephew would always think it was too low and always be asking to spray water to get the humidity up, I'd let him do it sometimes but he asks so much like he wants to do it every half hour like it's urgent to him?! (Kids, lol)
-Mr. Dragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Lower is better for beardies, but higher is ok also. If an uri happenes it'll be because there was some other underlying issue in most instances.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom