Final enclosure update!

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hi there, bd.org!

It’s finally finished! I present to you, Leo’s new enclosure. The customized dimensions are 48” x 24” x 20” (Im not sure what that translates to in gallons 🤷) made by MecoReptiles, they are located in Alberta.

1704832808420.jpeg

Here it is: I’m aware it looks a bit bland now, I have a piece of wood that will act as a center piece for the build. He has 2-3” of substrate (clay/sand mix) to dig in, thicker in his hide (3-4”) in order to allow burrowing.

The ambient temp is sitting around 80 degrees, this thing holds heat bloody well. The basking temp is sitting around 112 degrees (which I’ll try and lower at some point, I know it’s pretty hot).

The basking lamp is a par20 halogen floodlight, positioned about 10” away from the basking rock. His UVB is a 14% 36” bulb positioned 22” away from the substrate. I use a digital probe thermometer and hydrometer.

1704833256189.jpeg

Here’s my personal review on the brand…

Quality:
very good quality considering it’s handmade, there are very few imperfections. It hold heat great, as I mentioned earlier. There is proper ventilation as well, sturdy PVC material and holds together quite well.

1704833561781.jpeg

(^ image of ventilation holes)

Nothing came broken, fortunately! Not a single scratch on the sliding doors, and it was brilliantly packaged. Easy to remove and clean as needed, and allows a crystal clear view of the inside tank.

Wait time: The wait time was actually pretty short, only took 4 weeks to finish and half a week of shipping. They get it done fast and efficient, if you have a good delivery arrive available it may arrive even sooner so.

Service: Fantastic! The owners were a pleasure to talk with over email and the phone, they responded quickly and answered all of our questions. Couldn’t possibly ask for a nicer couple, I had a lovely time.

Overall thoughts: I’d absolutely recommend this brand, it’s gotta be up there in terms of quality and visual appeal imo. It has a nice finished look 👀 the white variety especially makes orange/red/yellow dragons pop.

- Jackdaw

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi there, bd.org!

It’s finally finished! I present to you, Leo’s new enclosure. The customized dimensions are 48” x 24” x 20” (Im not sure what that translates to in gallons 🤷) made by MecoReptiles, they are located in Alberta.

View attachment 86560

Here it is: I’m aware it looks a bit bland now, I have a piece of wood that will act as a center piece for the build. He has 2-3” of substrate (clay/sand mix) to dig in, thicker in his hide (3-4”) in order to allow burrowing.

The ambient temp is sitting around 80 degrees, this thing holds heat bloody well. The basking temp is sitting around 112 degrees (which I’ll try and lower at some point, I know it’s pretty hot).

The basking lamp is a par20 halogen floodlight, positioned about 10” away from the basking rock. His UVB is a 14% 36” bulb positioned 22” away from the substrate. I use a digital probe thermometer and hydrometer.

View attachment 86561

Here’s my personal review on the brand…

Quality:
very good quality considering it’s handmade, there are very few imperfections. It hold heat great, as I mentioned earlier. There is proper ventilation as well, sturdy PVC material and holds together quite well.

View attachment 86562
(^ image of ventilation holes)

Nothing came broken, fortunately! Not a single scratch on the sliding doors, and it was brilliantly packaged. Easy to remove and clean as needed, and allows a crystal clear view of the inside tank.

Wait time: The wait time was actually pretty short, only took 4 weeks to finish and half a week of shipping. They get it done fast and efficient, if you have a good delivery arrive available it may arrive even sooner so.

Service: Fantastic! The owners were a pleasure to talk with over email and the phone, they responded quickly and answered all of our questions. Couldn’t possibly ask for a nicer couple, I had a lovely time.

Overall thoughts: I’d absolutely recommend this brand, it’s gotta be up there in terms of quality and visual appeal imo. It has a nice finished look 👀 the white variety especially makes orange/red/yellow dragons pop.

- Jackdaw
About a 100 gallon tank

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Loe says "shaken not stirred, what do you mean drinks aren't served here?" Your setupnis gorgeous 😍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom