Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":8yrbklkh said:
Hi Gina, isn't he a hoot. Every night when I get home from work, he's in a different silly position, but this was the silliest, he even had his left paw hooked over his log to keep him upright & notice his legs, talk about cramped!
Yes, I definitely noticed his hand hooked around the log to prevent falling over. Too funny!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He's such a sweetie. Well they all pooped for me this am, just spent the last hour cleaning everything up. Thank God for newspaper, very easy to clean up tanks. Only Lonzo was kind enough, being out in the sun, to poop on the rug that goes over the patio doorway, luckily I have 4, so was easy to replace & it'll get washed. So all done, now just calcium vit/min for each & breakfast, baths, my lunch, library, then I'm napping for the rest of the day. It's mid 80's in my apartment, even with two fans running almost 24/7, very hot for here, but could be worse. The plants love it & so do the dragons for a bit. Makes it difficult to sleep, though, finally fell asleep at 1a, then some ***** decided that 2:30a was a good time to have a party, right across the street. So I yelled out of my window to SHUT THE MUSIC OFF OR I'M CALLING THE POLICE and that shut off the music, and I finally got to sleep, but woke up at 6a! So nappy time later for Mommy!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I know how hard it is to sleep when it's in the 80's in your house. It's not easy but it's good that you have time to take a nap this afternoon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
HI Lori, it's been brutal, I'm just not used to this weather & don't have enough gas to get to my folks, had to get all my food for the week. And greens for the boys. But next weekend I'm going out on Saturday, I'll need a good swim by then!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Forgot I'm having a biopsy done on Friday, don't know if I'll be up to any travelling on Saturday, will have to see how much it hurts! Taking the bus to the hospital, only 5 min away, then Cami is picking me up, as I was told not to drive. Not looking forward to this. Then see my doc next Friday, hopefully she'll have results.

So Didi has gained weight again, he's now 442, up from 438, so I'm very glad. He's eating roaches again, good boy!

Gabriel has become quite the explorer. When I put him out on the balcony this morning, on the chair with the most sun, has basked for awhile, then jumped down & started exploring. I think he's been over every inch of the balcony so far. He's so full of energy & has shed everything but a patch on his tummy, he looks like a new beardie! I'm so glad to see all this energy, it's amazing when I remember what he was like when I first got him.

Rubio is another one who loves the balcony. He likes to lean against one of the big concrete blocks I use to hold the barrier in place & he's already eated a few impatient plants & flowers. Meanwhile Lonzo & Didi are getting a 20 min soak. Rubio & Leo are next. All their urates are hard as rock, yet they are very well hydrated. It is a mystery as to why.

Will weigh the rest of them, see if any have gained weight, too, if I have time. I weighed Gabriel, but he's holding steady at 362. Still a good gain he's gained 82g since April. Not bad, Gabriel!

There's going to be another heat wave starting today, oh joy, have 2 more days at work in air conditioning, then will be in my hot little apartment again, at least I'll be home with my boys, makes up for it a bit!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So weights are in, only Gabriel is the same:

Lonzo is now 566 from 560!

Leo is 530 from 522

Rubio is 802 from 798

Didi is 442 from 436, which is a relief, I hate to see him lose weight, they all lost in the spring, so it's good to see them gaining over the summer!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
That's great news! I just love weigh days! :D Atleast Gabriel didn't loose any. Not that I think he had much of a choice! :wink: You're such a good Mama, one day I hope to have more then one lizard mouth to feed. Until then, I'll admire this thread :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
You're welcome here anytime, I"m always posting pics, I have to so many beardies to take pictures. I have a pic of Rubio basking in the sun, he's really patchy with shed & a bit miserable!
004-16.jpg

This shed has been going on for so long, over 2 weeks, I've been bathing him (he hates water) & then putting him out in the sun, but it's still not even loose, so I'm hoping it will come off soon. He's got 1/2 his tummy, his vent & his beard shedding, too! You'd think a 4 year old would be done with an almost complete body shed!

And I like that they're gaining again, I like them good & fat before they slow down. And I'm hoping that's not anytime soon!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Two new things this am. Gabriel & Rubio ate roaches (I'm out of supers, just wanted to check) and Didi is tucked into his cave fast asleep. Not sure if he'll show his face or not, and he has been slowing down, so guess the big Brumation is here after all. He went down early last year, too, but we'll see if he's up tomorrow. He ate alot the last few days, so there will be a poop, I'm home for the next 3 days, only have to work today until Monday, so will be home to check on him. This sure has been a different morning. Off to give Gabriel a bath.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":32r189ip said:
I have a pic of Rubio basking in the sun, he's really patchy with shed & a bit miserable!
Oh my! :shock: It looks like someone splashed milk on poor Rubio! LOL! :lol: Poor Myah doesn't even want to be touched when in full shed. (Not that I blame her) But 4 years old! Oh, dear! Someones an over achiever! :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, poor Rubio. Isn't it something how the adults can shed in small or quite large patches? Perhaps a cocoa butter stick would help him out Deb if he seems uncomfortable.

Great weights on all of them. Gabriel is doing so well, he gained wt pretty fast so perhaps now his body feels that he is at a good wt. They are all so sweet. :love5: I really miss all my adults and their very special snuggles.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Mike, as far as I know yes they can. Is Zeus getting sleepy?

Hi Myah's mom, I know, it's almost too much and it's the 2nd time he's gone through this since spring. You'd think it would be small patches, not body sheds. Even Lonzo, at 9 yrs old, shed almost his whole body this year!

Gabriel has gained another 10g, he's now at 372 :shock: I'm amazed that he gained 10g in 1 week! He's getting so heavy, but still loves to jump around in his bath & he really loves to be out on the balcony, he travels everywhere. Sometimes it's hard to find him!

When I left this am Didi was completely in his hide, all I could see was his side & 1 hand. I then covered him & turned his light off. When I got home this eve, only his head was out of his hide, the rest of his body was in his hide & he was still sound asleep. I guess I'll leave his light on going forward, just in case he gets up, so he can at least bask. He'll be up tomorrow as he's been eating all week, so he can't sleep now until he'd done a poop & refused food. So far Didi is the only one who's trying to sleep. I'm sure going to miss them all when they start sleeping & they can all konk out anytime, even though it's hot, as Sept is right around the corner. I hate brumation!

Gabriel is sleeping on top of his hide with his head against the glass, talk about uncomfortable. I wanted to take pics of both Didi & Gabriel, but my battery ran dry, so maybe they'll do it again. I"m also going to change hides for Gabriel, right now it's just a basking platform, but I have a corner one at the end of the ramp, so at least he'll have a hide he can fit into. I didn't do it before because he wasn't healthy. Now, except for his small size, you wouldn't think there had ever been anything wrong with him!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Diane, I won't do anything to Rubio, he hates it when I try to get his sheds to start earlier than they're going to. I know how you must feel, as I feel the same way about Sweetie & Issy, even though I have 5 still, it's not the same. I do miss my girls. Angeline is growing so fast, and she's going to be huge compared to your new baby, not that that helps missing your adults, though. I'm going to be getting into the garden tomorrow to take pictures, have the day off and Jake is working on the grounds tomorrow and he can let me in. So I'll post the pics as soon as I can. I haven't seen the flowers since I planted them, so hopefully they'll be good & healthy!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Yes Zeus is sleepin lots and not eating as much and getting lazy so he might be in brumation cause i just have this feeling that the change was to fast for parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom