Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gabriel's got such a long head, his body looks so tiny in comparison, so I'm hoping he gets his length in his body. So here are some more pics of my little angel:

He discovered my purse on the bed one day:
001-13.jpg

"This is my mountain & you can't have it!"
003-13.jpg

He was out this am on the chair getting some sun, I went out to bring him in & couldn't find him for a minute & this is why:
015-6.jpg

He'd jumped off the chair & was pancaked on Rubio's impatient plant :laughhard: (shhhh don't tell Rubio)
And the latest big belly:
011-12.jpg

Just looking cute:
001-12.jpg

Didi, looking like he woke up with a hangover, I actually caught him sleeping in a very uncomfortable position!:
010-10.jpg

And sitting in the sunshine, watching Rubio outside on the balcony:
012-8.jpg

Having a bath, with Lonzo on the right:
004-14.jpg

I bath them 2 by 2, that's how I get through baths in the hour 1/2 I have in the am before getting ready for work.

Leo, waiting for supers:
005-14.jpg

After swimming in the big tub, he always turns pastel colours & his head turns bright yellow:
007-15.jpg

Rubio's still eating those impatient plants, no more flowers to be seen, they're trying to grow as quick as they can, but he eats at least a plant a day!
013-7.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Him going through one plant per day would get expensive after awhile. Do they grow back?

Great pics, Deb. Your boys are all so wonderful.

Rosie has become more expressive this last week, also more cuddly. She's getting so she expects me to wake her up every am for morning snuggles like Goldie expected every day, that is good, however, as I still have a snuggle bug.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No, impatients have alot of stems in one plant & I have about 20 little stems in the one pot Gabriel decided to sun in. And they do grow back very quickly. That little pot has about 20 buds in it, I'm hoping Rubio doesn't eat the whole thing in one go! I have two other little pots full, too, so he doesn't eat from just one plant. I don't know what he's going to eat come winter, as they only grow during the summer!

I'm so glad that Rosie is becoming a snuggle bug, especially before you leave for work, that's great! Gives you a good lift for the day, doesn't it. I wouldn't be able to last a day without morning snuggles. I don't get them from everyone every morning, but then I have 5, so whoever gets a bath that particular morning gets snuggles, then on the weekend I get snuggles x5.

Thanks for checking out the pics, what did you think of Gabriel's new mountain? He stayed on my purse for about an hour before I put him back in his tank. He's a funny beardie!
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They like to climb on a lot of things. Our girls used to climb the tree outside our bedroom window, the one that shades our window. It's wonderful that he feels comfortable enough with you to climb on anything he feels like climbing on.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Deb, that is awesome news that Gabriel's parasites are gone. :blob5: :blob8: That must have made you SO happy finally. He is sure getting big and looks so healthy. I still think he has some GG in him because of his long face, he reminds me so much of Widge. You've done such an awesome job with him. I think he claimed your purse as his own.

Great that Lonzo's lung will get better, gonna take some time. The vet gave you a great price for both of them. :D Bet they did enjoy sunning themselves under the sunroof, good thing they behaved while you were driving.

They all look great, neat the way you can give 2 baths at the same time, that's quite a time saver for you especially in the morning.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Diane,
It was such good news, very much worth a visit to the vet, and Lonzo's right lung was working much better today, so I'm hoping we've turned a corner there, too.

Gabriel ate over 10 supers this am, then he ate 3/4 of a large collard green leaf! :shock: I couldn't believe my eyes. I kept offering him little pieces, that tongue would come out & chomp. 3/4 of a large leaf, the older ones have NEVER done that! I was so excited, that means he's getting great nutrition & no more of that yawning/burping he was doing at the beginning. Right now he's trying to climb the mesh screen that's blocking off the balcony, as Lonzo is out on the balcony. It's over 90F in my living room right now, the lights are all off, as it was just too hot to have them on after 3p. They all got their 2nd soaks today, just to cool them off. Now it's going to be my turn, as I'm just sweating away. Plus I had my training today, which went really well. Got stocked up on alot of things, just have to pic up a few things at Safeway tomorrow & I'm ready for work on Tuesday. AND AIR CONDITIONING! I'm seriously going to try to get a couple of plug in air conditioners to have handy for this type of weather, as it's almost too hot to breathe & it's no cooler on the balcony. YUCK!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that he ate so many supers AND the collard greens like that.

Wow, 90 is hot for your livingroom. I can't imagine our house with AC's, we have one in the livingroom, one in our bedroom and one in Josh's. Of course, we get the afternoon sun in the livingroom & our bedroom. I think you should invest in a couple of them, it would be better for all of you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yes, I have to buy car tires this Friday, will see how much is left over, I'm not sure what the units cost, but can't have them in the window, they'll have to be stand-alone units. I'll check Costco & other areas, see what I can find, but don't think will be able to afford any this summer. The budget is kind of tight. Anyway, will check.

Being so hot, I kept the curtains closed but left the patio door open. When I left for gym this am, I left Didi out, as usual. Got home & he wasn't in the living room, checked the balcony. It took me awhile but I found him tucked in under my cedar tree, in the pot on the soil. I've never seem him there before! It's a jump of about a foot to get in the soil. He's such a funny beardie.

They all got 2 baths today, the 2nd in the afternoon just to cool off. Rubio was so annoyed at the heat that he spent most of the day in his hide, which he never uses.

Lonzo's lung was functioning better than I've ever seen it since April, which was a great sign, hopefully that continues. It was actually going in & out more than just a bit, almost back to normal, so will check him in the am.

They all got time trying to claw up the barrier across the patio door, then I would let them one by one on the balcony to cool off, as the balcony floor was cool. Boy, what a day, and we're supposed to get just as hot tomorrow! I was glad to do shopping, put me in air conditioning for a bit today. And more tomorrow. I just had a cool shower & I'm already starting to sweat, guess I'll be having a couple more before I get to sleep, like last night!

Here's the pic of Didi:
001-14.jpg

I still have to repot that tree into a bigger pot, so he jumped over the edge of the big pot & was sitting around the tree in the smaller pot, what a beardie to figure that out!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
They are just wonderful, Deb. Catching up on my lunch break & all those pics just have me smiling. :) I'm really glad to hear all the good vet news.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Hi Deb! It's good to see your crew looking so happy and healthy. Wait until Gabriel discovers he can get INSIDE your purse - he'll go to work with you and you won't even know it! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Mindi, glad you checked the pics out & that it gave you a smile!

Hi Sandi, it's good to hear from you; I'm sure that could happen, he's still small enough to fit. Wouldn't that be a shock :shock: that wouldn't go over too well at work! I'd have to take the day off come back home...hmmm.....that does sound like a great idea! How's your crew. Do you have a thread on here? And how have you been?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Jasper's Mom":3kxfx9rz said:
Hi Deb! It's good to see your crew looking so happy and healthy. Wait until Gabriel discovers he can get INSIDE your purse - he'll go to work with you and you won't even know it! :D
:headbang: :laughhard:
... "but seriously, Mr. Boss Man, I didn't know he was in there!!!" :dontknow:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I can just see the screaming happening when I open my purse for something & he pops out his head! OMG, I'm surrounded by women & I don't think they'd be amused. They all know I have dragons, have pics in my purse along with my nieces & nephews & it doesn't take me long to pull them out :lol: But to have a dragon actually pop out of my purse :shock: I don't think that would look well on my employee profile!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I weighed Gabriel this am & he's now 362g! I can't believe how much he's gaining, but he'll be as much as Didi, soon! He's such a good boy!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Just got great news from my brother. I need 4 new tires & he's found a deal for $480 including 4 tires, all taxes & mounting and rotating, etc, all inclusive, which means I'll have $ to live on next week, YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom