Nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
Meat Head's claws/nails are really getting long. We have some rocks in there for her to dull them on, but they don't seem to be doing much good. Anyone have any suggestions??

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
The local reptile store trims Rubens nails for me.
Are there any reptile stores near you that you trust?

Holly

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We were actually going to ask the vet about it, but forgot. I don't know if I would trust the pet store to do it or not. Its a lot like having a baby and not wanting a stranger to watch her. lol Ya know? :? makes you nervous.

I think this weekend we are going to look into putting some tile into her viv. Alot of people on here say how good it is for keeping their nails trimmed and how much easier it makes it to clean out the viv.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You can do it yourself!!!!!!! Just wrap him in a bath towel and stick 1 leg out at a time!!! That way it will not stress him out!!!! I do it all the time just remember not to cut to far back!!!!! And you can use just regular toenail clippers!!!! You just need to take the tips off!!!! Anymore questions just ask or PM !!!

Lance

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the input, we will have to give it a try.

I think we are going to end up putting tile on half the bottom of her viv and reptile carpet on the other half.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
We have tile and my daughter uses a emory board and files the tip off for me so they dont scratch me while I handle them it takes a bit of time but well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom