Too long nails.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So Dreki's nails have always been as long as what I'm assuming is the quick. The front half of her claw is black and the second half is that pale tan color. Ive always just cut the black part when it's past the tan part on the others but I've only cut Dreki's maybe two or three times since we've had her since March. Can I cut that back part too.? Her claws are so long, it's reshaping her fingers and just don't look comfortable but the black part NEVER grows. So can I cut any of that pale part that's behind the black part of her claw.? Does that make any sense.?

Attachments

• 20231223_200730.jpg
    20231223_200730.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 33

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So Dreki's nails have always been as long as what I'm assuming is the quick. The front half of her claw is black and the second half is that pale tan color. Ive always just cut the black part when it's past the tan part on the others but I've only cut Dreki's maybe two or three times since we've had her since March. Can I cut that back part too.? Her claws are so long, it's reshaping her fingers and just don't look comfortable but the black part NEVER grows. So can I cut any of that pale part that's behind the black part of her claw.? Does that make any sense.?
Did you look on youtube for videos on cutting nails? If not look there

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Luis doesn't get his claws cut as I keep rocks and other hard surfaces in the tank so he can wear them down on his own.
Here is a refference of how long his are (without any cutting!)
IMG_20231225_090742.jpg

Honestly I'd like them longer though but he's quite active....

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Luis doesn't get his claws cut as I keep rocks and other hard surfaces in the tank so he can wear them down on his own.
Here is a refference of how long his are (without any cutting!) View attachment 86200
Honestly I'd like them longer though but he's quite active....
Yeah, we have stuff for Dreki to wear hers down but both the light part in the back and the dark strip in the front have always basically been the same length and that's real long. It's so weird.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom