Nail trimming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a one year old and her nails are long and I don’t want them to start fold back under.
What do I need to know ?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
OscarLuvBug":3gfsm6t1 said:
Hi, I have a one year old and her nails are long and I don’t want them to start fold back under.
What do I need to know ?
Real rocks and real wood and driftwood helps with nails I've never had to trim a bearded nails ever go with a more natural home rocks and wood also helps them with sheds

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
106928-5224728314.jpg
106928-4526450820.jpg
106928-6508402508.jpg
I have rocks and wood, the problem is that my dragon has had a number of health issues and she is very inactive.
She basks for short periods then hides in her cave

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can use an emery board to gently file the tip of the nail down a bit. You can also snip the sharp bit at the very end with nail clippers to keep them in check.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
CooperDragon":uygzfjxc said:
You can use an emery board to gently file the tip of the nail down a bit. You can also snip the sharp bit at the very end with nail clippers to keep them in check.

Specifically the black bit that's hanging off the white yellow part. I personally find a tiny human nail clipper works perfectly. It catches very easily at the hang, and it's very easy to maneuver. Also looks a lot less intimidating than a cat nail clipper (which are definitely harder to maneuver). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom