My Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexySez

Here is a pic of what my viv used to look like
DSC00715.jpg

I made some changes
n509905188_2315874_6089.jpg

What else do I need to do? I need to find some branches and rocks but really dont know where to look. I live in the UK and need like a walmart here!

Thanks

Sez x

LJean

Extreme Poster
Walmart isn't very good for reptile things anyway. ;)

We found our big branches outside and sterilized them. Are there no pet stores anywhere? Can you find a hardware store and look around for ideas?

SexySez

Original Poster
I need to make him a little platform but at the moment he just hides away. And need him closer to his strip light. How do you fix your branches to things????????

Might go out shopping for him this weekend

LJean

Extreme Poster
My branches are so big that I use the sides of the enclosure and wedge them.
Let me see if I can find a pic of it to show you....

LJean

Extreme Poster
oscviv001.jpg

oscviv002.jpg

oscviv003.jpg

Maybe you could find something like a small step stool. My husband put a shelf in ours when he was building it. One of the branches goes up to the shelf. And he came with those old bricks. I was told I had to keep them with him. ;)

SexySez

Original Poster
I'd be scared Puff would fall off, hes a bit of a numpty! Hes also trying to brumate but I dont want him to so kind of want to remove hiding places for a bit.

I think I need to move my strip light so hes closer to it. Then get a nice stone or something for him to bask on where he can be closer to both lights! Or even a branch to go there! Oh I dont know!!!!!!!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
I understand! I played around with the branches and bricks etc for a long time to find what would work. How about a hammock? You could glue it to the sides of the viv to keep it in place. There are also different kind of stones/bricks what have you in hardware stores. Like the kind you would make a walkway in a garden with. Looking around in stores and seeing things with a creative eye may help.

Some stores sell bark too that may help.

SexySez

Original Poster
I have a bark log, as you can see in the first pics but he kept hiding in it! So I broke bits off it, whats on the floor in the second pic. Think your right I just need to look around!

LJean

Extreme Poster
As long as you look at things with a piece of beardie furniture in mind, you would be surprised what you can come up with. :)

At least your viv is made of wood. Makes it easier. I am now dealing with an all glass one that I have to turn into a viv for my 7-8 month old dragon. I am as confused and stressed as you are! So if you come up with some ideas, please share them! LOL

This will be Calypso's enclosure.:
jewelcase003.jpg

jewelcase004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom