My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Barb I like that pic. You have a terrific Thanksgiving also. Yes they seemed to like the pumpkin. I believe Rosie ate more than Goldie did. She just didn't seem hungry that day, she made up for it today, apparently as she wasn't very hungry until after I left for work.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry Lori I forgot to comment on how beautiful all your beardies are/were. I really enjoyed seeing pic's of Miss O and Miss Y as I never got to meet them. I don't think I remember Sandstone either. I do remember the gorgeous Redrock though.

My beardies all seem to be awaking as they smell the pumpking pies baking. LOL

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Barb, we got Sandstone with Redrock but he went wandering in Feb of 07 and we never found him/her. We'd only had them for 4 months at that time. That wasn't a good birthday weekend for me. My nephew's funeral (he was 20) was that Saturday (10th), my birthday was the next day and Sandstone disappeared the next Monday. We don't talk about him/her much. I wasn't really sure how to tell males and females until I found this site. Sandstone disappeared the February before I found this site. I've learned sooo much from this site since then.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Early Thanksgiving wishes to you, your family and all your precious critters. :p

HappyThanksgivingScaled-1.gif

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
my11-001.jpg

I've been remembering them all day. Today is the 6th anniversary of the first time we got them and began the wonderful adventure called beardie slavedom. They were such hams and really seemed to enjoy having their pictures taken. We only had Miss Y for one year and 8 months and Miss O one year and 10 months, they made us need to have a beardie in our life. Since this day, we only went about 5 days without a beardie to take care of. We lost Miss O on October 4th, she was at the vets in Tucson when she passed. We got Redrock and Sandstone on October 7th. We haven't been without beardies since.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
It's o.k., Michelle. This time of year for everyone. I'm just glad you found the time to check it out and post a reply. Those were the first beardies we ever had and they seemed to love having their picture taken and instinctively knew what Bill wanted.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, they knew they were loved, after a couple of months with us, they realized that we loved them. That was important to them, especially Miss O. Miss Y still makes me laugh, tho. We used to have their sleep tank in the kitchen and Bill would put them in our bed and cover their bodies with a sheet until it was time for us to go to bed, then we'd take them into the kitchen to their tank then turn the lights off. One night I decided to put them in their tanks a couple of hours early. Miss O was, o.k., I'll go into this box and go to sleep. Miss Y immediately turned around and looked at me saying " those lights are still on, you are not going to bed yet, you get me out of this!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Lori that's a lovely pic of Miss Y and Miss O.
Cute story about the spoiled Miss Y.
Not sure if it's the Holiday season or what, but I've been doing a lot of missing and reminiscing myself.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Barb Bill always takes good pics.

there are always certain days that are "anniversaries" with them. I guess I reminisce a lot with them, especially since I've run into the lady that gave them to me and it made me remember them and, of course, hurt at their loss. They, like all beardies, are soo unique.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
No one can tell me beardies aren't smart. This afternoon Goldie was in the window (closed it wasn't warm enough). She had her mouth open, just a little, as we usually give her greens when her mouth is open. This time it wasn't open very much as I don't think she wanted to eat much. Anyway, I saw her mouth open and took a small piece of green and put it in her mouth, she moved her mouth, as if to eat it, but instead of it going down, it went out to land in front of her on the rock she was sitting on. Later I was watching her and saw her eyes looking warily at me, ready to close her mouth if I came near her with food, then she looked at her daddy with the same look she gave me. Her look changed when she noticed he wasn't watching her. She was doing this to prepare to shut her mouth if food came near. She's sooo funny.

Weird dream time: A few nights ago I fell asleep after waking up about 2 for at least an hour. I had a dream about Goldie. She had grown wings and was flying around the room (different room than mine, for some reason) then she flew toward me with a black beard, then her whole body turned black, except her tail which was a kelly type of green, then suddenly the black on her body turned the same kelly green that her tail was. She then went back to normal and was snuggling me.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
What the heck did you eat b4 you went to bed? :shock: :lol: I find I have strange dreams if I eat right before I go to bed.

Goldie is so smart and funny the way she knows how to get greens and only WHEN she wants them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom