My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you for your sympathies on Sandstone. I never really got to learn much about him as we only had him for 4 months. Rosie is getting a beard similar to Redrock's, just not that big. Rosie also has the same markings on her back now that Redrock had. Except for her width, Rosie looked a lot like Redrock from the back.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! thank you for sharing your story with us. They were beautiful and did seem to have a special bond. Our 2 girls get along fine and never fight
but they are nothing like your two wonderful girls. That is so special.
Thanks again for sharing. Thanks for sharing redrock and rosie as well.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks!
Pics on Rosie and Goldie are coming today or tomorrow. I will share early pics and later pics of both of them.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here is Goldie when we were considering getting her. The lady that we got her from was holding her.
goldie3.jpg

Goldie4.jpg

Here's pics of Goldie sleeping the first night in the tank we got with her (10 gallon)
Goldie2.jpg

goldienewbabydragon.jpg

Here's Rosie's first pics with us
new92828one.jpg

P1010832.jpg

newredonefrom092808.jpg

Goldie on 9/23/08 about 3 weeks after we got her
speedy092308.jpg

Bill took this pic of Goldie sitting on one of the rocks we have in our yard.
P1010846.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I'm not sure about Goldie. You saw how big she wasn't when we first got her. She was easily sexable as a female then but the lady I got her from didn't remember how long the had her. We have had her for 2 years (as of last August 29th) so we figure she's about 2 years and 7 or 8 months of age. Rosie was about 3.5 months (according to lllreptile) when we got her on September 28th, 2 years ago, so she's about 2.5 years old.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, Lori, I've heard you talk about Miss Y and Miss O before, what special babies they were! They are talking... no doubt! They were truly beautiful, and I am glad you had room in your heart for all the beardies that were to come after them. I would love to see a large version of the Redrock pic... looks like "peekaboo!" and the one that is your sig -- is that Redrock too? I have often wondered about that beautiful beard :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
thanks for your comments on Miss O and Miss Y. They were best friends. When we lost Miss Y, Miss O stayed underneath our bed and we had to go dig her out. They talked like that all the time. In that particular pic, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know and I'm sorry" I always wonder how long we would have had them if we knew more about beardies then would we still have them. They died in 2006 and we still really miss them. If we hadn't gotten them we wouldn't have had the beardies we had after them.

My sig is a pic of Miss O and Miss Y on one of the rocks in our yard. Redrock is my avatar. One of these days I want a pic of all 5 of my girls. I don't have enough of Sandstone to really get a good one of her/him in here.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
beardie parents":3bzhhpod said:
Dawn, this pic we use as our desktop pic on my computer.
:love5: :love5: :love5:
Looks like she's saying "Good mornin' Momma! How is you today?"

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Probably. I remember when we took them outside, usually daily, I'd take a boom box outside with me and have a story tape I'd be listening to. They both would be looking at the box as if they were listening to the story with me, or music if that's what I was listening to. They were hams, as if they liked having their pic taken and they usually knew just what Bill wanted them to do. They got us hooked on beardies, now I can't imagine being without a beardie.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
actually, Dawn I think Bill took that pic since it is a very beautiful pic. He's a really good photographer and 90% of the good pics, he taken.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We are making pumpkin pie, from scratch. Instead of opening a can, we are cutting up fresh pumpkin, then cooking it then blending it. We have a friend helping us, we call her Aunt Shirley to our girls. We tried a bit of the finished fresh blended pumpkin. It tastes just like opening a can, but better. I decided to give our girls some of it. I put some on Rosie's mouth, only to get a "what did you do that to me for?" I went to Goldie, using a spoon, and she ate quite a bit. I went back to Rosie and she was ready to eat it. I guess she liked the smell. Rosie ate even more. I've never tried to give them pumpkin before. I think I want to give them some uncooked pumpkin before I use it all.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Nice desktop pic Lori. :)

I'm sure Goldie and Rosie enjoyed the fresh pumpkin.

Just incase I get busy and don't see you around here until after Thursday I wanted to say....

Thanksgivingbest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom