My new girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
I've been apart of this forum for awhile now but I wanted to introduce my new girl. She is 4 months old and about 15-16 inches long. I'm working on a name for her :) any suggestions?

Her coloring is very similar to that of a peach, Peaches maybe? Any habits she has that merit naming, perhaps a way she acts. I'm having a hard time naming my baby dragon too, so I understand. It's really hard to think of the right name.

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Welcome! She is a pretty girl. If I was going to have a girl dragon I would name her Artemis. But then again I would name all my pets after Greek gods and goddess, (thus the name Hades for my dragon now). :)

15-16 is a lot bigger than 4 months. My girl's 2 months and she's no where near that large yet. Maybe yours is something closer to a year like 8 or 10 months. Have you had her for 4 months or is that what the seller said her age was? As babies their heads are rounder, hers looks a bit pointier, and she has that sort of filled in look of a fully grown dragon. As far as names go, anastasia's idea was a pretty good one, I also love Greek myths (so I may be a bit biased) but this isn't my dragon, so I won't try to influence you too much.
anastasia6988":10gm40gg said:
If I was going to have a girl dragon I would name her Artemis.
Or Demeter, because of the oranges and yellows.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
What a cutie!

Reptiles grow at different rates based on husbandry(mainly temperature and food availability), so one person's 1 month old may be the size of someone else's 3 month old. Also photos can be somewhat misleading. 15 inches is within the normal range for a 4 month old bearded dragon, don't worry. :)

Scotttnz

That's a beautiful looking dragon!

It does look a lot older than 4 months to my admittedly very inexperienced eyes though.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments. Yup this girl is only 4 months, heading into 5 months at the end of March. The photo does make her look older but in person you can tell she's a baby :) she's a sweet girl too! My other female dragon who is older and will be 2 years in a few months is smaller than this young girl. We shall see how much more she grows. Artemis is a very cool name. Thanks for the suggestions.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Yea I agree with Rubens ? she is a very big girl for only 4 months my girl Sliptornavich is almost a year and a half she's 18 inches and 436grams so I'm thinking your girl is older than 4 months maybe somewhere along the lines of a year and a few months but who knows maybe you got yourself a really big girl, she's beautiful and healthy either way. And hello from my girl Slip!
85583-3431974710.jpg

MIMI510

BG23":3jve1pfm said:
Yea I agree with Rubens ? she is a very big girl for only 4 months my girl Sliptornavich is almost a year and a half she's 18 inches and 436grams so I'm thinking your girl is older than 4 months maybe somewhere along the lines of a year and a few months but who knows maybe you got yourself a really big girl, she's beautiful and healthy either way. And hello from my girl Slip!
85583-3431974710.jpg

Sliptornavich...how did you come up with that name? Its so cute how you call her Slip for short!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom