My baby beardie won't let me near him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I get near his cage he lunges at me and tries to bite me and puffs up at me, I tried just putting my hand in his cage without touching him and he bit me what can I do?

Realcaos

my mojo did that when we first brought her home. though she never actually bit any of us she as we now know bit the previous owner when we went to pick her up. i read that some people put a piece of their clothing in the tank to get them used to their smell. however mojos living conditions were so bad i had to get her out the next day after getting her for a good cleaning. i would often just stick my hand in the tank on the other side until she seemed more curious than aggressive. i also hand fed her. instead of putting salad and bugs in her tank i would offer by hand first. i dont know if this will help but it could be worth a shot. good luck!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
As mentioned above, wearing an item for a few days then putting it in their tank is a good idea.

No matter what, always do whatever it is you planned to do. If you went in there to pick him up and he bites at you, still pick him up. Wear gloves if you don't feel comfortable. If he gets his way, he will think he has won and will only get meaner and nastier to prove his point.

Next find an area that's safe for him or make one. Some people will do this in the bathtub, some make playpens, etc. Put him in the bathtub and you go in there and sit with him. Let him get used to you and it'll help him get over himself. Plus, you'll be warmer than the bathtub so that's appealing for this little guy.

Karabeardielover

Original Poster
He's seven inches long from nose to tip of his tail and i have a basking spot and a cooler spot for him to warm up cool down and i have a hiding spot for him

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You will want to make sure the basking spot he sits on is closer to 105-110 degrees. What sort of thermometer are you using? If you have the ones that stick on the side of the tank they are not accurate enough. Your dragon may be upset about his cage, or maybe not but it's best to rule it out. Can you share a description or photo of your set up so we can help make sure it is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom