Missing baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Baby number 3 has gone missing they are in a cage cornered off and im scared he someone how got pass all the barriers and snuck into jess's cage would there be blood if jess had eaten him?

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
So you are housing the babies with the adults? how do you have them separated?
Can you take a picture of your enclosure...
How big is the home for the babies?
How many are hatching?

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it was only coz i wasn't expecting them for another week so i didn't have ne thing ready so i just thru something together i caught one this morning trying to squeeze inbertween the foam barrier and the glass i think he may have got in that way check everywhere hes not in the cage at all. would there be blood or wud it be clean?

lilones019.jpg

the problem here was solved with magazine paper

lilones023.jpg

lilones032.jpg

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
There could be blood and sometimes there is not
Where is your heat and your uv?
This has happened to you before one of your dragons bit another, what was your decision to breed just out of curiousity?

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wasn't a desision when i move back up north i could only afford 2 cages so the largest one was split with a piece of wood but steph is super clever and got hormonal and wanted to mate so she quickly learnt how to climb over the wall and when i came home from work i found em on the same size of the cage that week i took my pay check and got a new viv...turns out some of her kids inherited her intelligence and one got pass the wall.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
You should have frozen the eggs if you didn't want them to mate...
And now you have just helped a bearded dragon get killed by it's parent...
I remember when you got another baby and put it in with an adult and that one got bitten so badly it had bruises on it's stomach and back.

But you also didn't answer my question about their light

There is a shadow there in the corner where is your heat lamp? There woudl not be a shadow if there is a heat lamp going on in that viv.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Don't give up hope quite yet. Have you taken everything out of the viv to check for the baby? They can get in some very tiny places. Have you 100% checked to be sure that the baby couldn't have gotten out of the tank? Have you fixed the tank so the babies can't get over to the other side? A lot of breeders on here just use "baby bins" (rubbermaid bins) with lights.

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yea checked everywhere in ever nook and cranny hes nowhere to be seen. Jess the big lizard has been moved to another cage and shes not the parent she was the least agressive and was the least bit interested in them also i was sure the boxing off was good enough. I know now it was not and wont make that mistake again. They have a ceramic heater they are quite popular in england and i prefer them.

Jess was a rescue i got her bitten and bruised it wasn't one of my other dragons who did that.

I didn't freeze them because i believe its cruel, same way people think abortion is cruel.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
So which of your dragons was the one that got bit by your dragon?
I looked back at your posts and remember when your baby got chewed on by another one of your dragons.
Yeah your dragon was probably eaten probably was painful for the baby as well

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
That's so sad. I believe you are asking for help and doing the best with what you have... and I believe some are being harsh with you because they feel pain for the babies... I do too, but hope you hang in there and take advice on enclosure, lighting, etc, I have faith that you are trying! How are you going to house the babies as they grow? They will need to be separated before long. What are you going to do with them?

*hugs*
Aimee

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i feel like i'm repeating my self here poisened1 but just so we are completely clear.

Jess was my lil one back awhile ago that i saw in a shop chewed up to bits by her older brother. She was not attacked by any of MY other dragons. I bought her off the shop and got her the vet care she needed as clearly the shop had no idea the severity of her injuries and as a result her tail was amputated.

I screwed up i know that i didn't do it on purpose but im trying my best. I wasn't planning on breeding this early altho i did do my homework when i first got my dragons, however they had other ideas when they hit puberty and hard as i tried they wouldn't be separated. the eggs hatched earlyer than i thought they would and i needed to get to work so i put up a makeshift separation of a larger viv and one found a way past it. I was very upset but there was nothing I could do, my main concern now is for Jess hu is being bathed like mad much to her annoyance.

Aimee thanks for the hug i needed it. I'm going to do a big observation of them on my next day off and try and decide which are dominant and which are submissive also i've noticed one that seems a lil unbalanced he falls over alot and stays on his back alot longer than the other when they stumble. So gotta keep an eye on him he's still only 24 hours old tho so not ready to start feeding. So i'll wait and see if hes affected if he is i may have to make arrangement for me to keep him or give him to someone who can look after him properly.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

Please keep us updated ! I think I have the story a little clearer... I'm sorry for your troubles and for your beardies... I trust for now you are making sure no babies can access adults' enclosures... what kind of lighting do you have on the babies? Just checking since you said you were caught off guard and lighting is SO essential to little ones !!!

I've never cared for babies and know I'm not ready for it! It sounds like you're kinda in a little over your head too, hang in there, separate them, keep the adults separated, (you said you had sep viv's) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your clan...
*more hugs*
Aimee

Beanie42

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol yea the lightings good i just put them in a set up viv and moved jess out into another viv that has jamie in it (dont worry they are separated by a plank of wood) Jamies too retarded to get past it and jess has no tail so she can't climb it either.

reptisun 10 i do believe off the top of my head.

Think breeding is one of those things u can read up all u like but u can't really learn till your doing it lol. They are lil bundles of heart attacks and so fast!! i'm used to lazy lay about lizards that can't even be bothered to walk over to their food (they wait for it to walk to them or i nudge them in their direction) its a shock to see em go so fast. The ones that hatched the first day are getting used to be and letting me stroke them and i water them by hand so they getting used to me quickly...they still hate bath time tho lol.

As of last night all 19 eggs have hatched sadly with one missing but the other 18 are doing fine.

*hugs bk*

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello All,
Just a reminder to keep this discussion civil with no personal attacks. That type of behavior is not tolerated on this forum. This thread is being watched so continue on with friendly discussion.
Thank you.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Beanie- Just a word of support. And hugs. :D We have all been caught by surprise with one thing or another, it's ok. All you can do is your best. And adapt as needed. I do hope you find the little guy, if not, I hope Jess is ok.
Good luck with the little ones. Yes they are fast and sneakie. But also loads of fun. Try feeding them juvie pellits soaked in unsweetened juice once they get a bit of size to them. It will help you keep the hungry little guts full. :D

(((HUGS)))
Sandy H

PS Thanks for rescuing that little one long ago. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom