Medecation suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I actually stopped bathing when I discovered it has no use, unless in the case of shed problems. And in his case the stuck shed is around the spikes on his head so i've wet them several times, and tried oil, but I figured can't exactly dunk his head under water :) so i'm suppose to use the medecine that comes with a nebulizer? How do i get the prescription? The vet? Im not really sure how to describe the noises, but isn't it strange there was nothing in the xray? Sorry im just really worried. He seems so healthy in all other regards, (with the exception of the shed) I just don't want this to turn into something. Should I try to get baytril or tylan?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
Usually nebulizers don't come with medication but do have medication dispensor cups that
come with it, so you can place medication or saline solution, etc into that to use.
It is very odd that his x-ray was clear but if he really isn't showing any signs or symptoms of
a respiratory infection, you could wait awhile longer to medicate so it doesn't medicate him
unnecessarily. You could go ahead & get a nebulizer though & use some saline solution to
treat if you wanted to. Have you increased his overnight temperatures a little bit, to around 80
for help in boosting his immune system in case he has developed a respiratory issue?
You could probably find Tylan at Tractor supply, or they have had it in the past. It is used quite
routinely for livestock as well as for reptiles, too. You could also look for Tetracycline, too.
The sheds on their spikes can be rather difficult to get off, as well as on the head, too.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How's he doing ? Can you post current pics and an actual video to show how he's breathing ? If it's just a very subtle an occasional thing it may not be an R.I at all, just getting active after being dormant.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did go ahead with the medication, as I was confused on how to proceed with the nebulizer, as well as having difficulty finding one I could buy without a prescription. I did up his night time temps. He's still not eating, and it's been a while since he's come out of his "fake brumation."
He started doing this today

https://youtu.be/y-WRBOduu2I

It began after misting his head. TRACI, I sent you a email regarding the behavior in this video.
Thanks everyone

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, do you mean the little arm movements he's doing ? Mine have done that 100's of times, it's their response to feeling like they are in water due to the few drops landing on him. . Reminds me of when you see the funny video of dogs being held over a tub of water + start doing the doggy paddle before they are even in the water. :lol:
It's 100 % not an issue. He actually looks very good, I don't see a thing wrong with him.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I also wanted to mention, though he's still not eating, he's also still spending close to the first half of the day running around like crazy, knocking things over, etc... I did see a couple sperm plugs recently. So maybe he's just not interested in food yet? I mean he's even been passing up horn worms. I wish he'd had the decency to tell me he wasn't going to eat, since i went and bought horn worms, super worms, wax worms, calcium worms, and crickets to try to get him to eat. Ok so I guess he does occasionally eat a few super worms, but i don't like giving them as they've made him constipated in the past. Oh and I also been, every other day or so give him some baby food in a syringe with milk thistle, bee pollen, grape seed extract, calcium, and multi vitamin. Just wanted to fill you in with details :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, you can prob. find youtube videos of the derps doing this . :) And your boy sounds like he's looking for a mate....no time to eat, urgent matter at hand !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom