Lizards as tame as beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
gimmexthexloot":29o2491e said:
Honda99300ex":29o2491e said:
I love my beardeds the most, but my Savannah monitor is right up there personality wise. He is so smart!! Also super sweet, very laid back guy. He loves to be out, cruise around and mess with my dog haha. He is deffinately very interesting too, but man, I thought beardeds could eat! Haha. All in all I think almost any lizard could be a good pet with some time and effort. I also have a bearded that you would think was a killer bearded haha, inguess it comes down to the actual lizard too lol

I want a savannah so bad. I heard they are a lot better in temperament then the nile monitors

never had a nile, but my Savannah is pretty sweet, he wasn't nice when I got him haha, couldn't tell you how many times he made me bleed!! It took a lot of time, and holding every day!! But it's well worth it now. He's so fat and lazy!!

Masick

My fiance and I had a Savannah monitor named Nipples. He was so amazing, we used to take him for walks and let him play in the back yard. Sadly, one day he went after a random cricket in the yard and ended up eating a rock instead. :cry: Cannot tell you how many nights I spent up trying to nurse him back to heath after the vet helped him pass the stone, but he didn't make it. It took us a long time to get a new reptile after Nipples passed. We were originally shopping for a new Savannah monitor, but I couldn't get another one because it reminded me of Nipples, so we opt for dragons instead (and we also have a chameleon named Bizzaro who is neat, but you can't play with him like you can a monitor or dragon!). Just be careful not to let the little guy eat any rocks!

5gazehounds

The Savannah Monitor I had years ago was a sweet lizard. He was pretty cool. Every Mali Uromastyx I have known has had a great temperament. :D

jamesraby

Frilled dragon. He wasn't very docile when I first got him he is very calm now. While he doesn't have the personality my beardies do...he is definitely a character!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
My uromastyx hates to be held but, he is a cool lizard, nothing like a BD though. If I have to say one that is docile I would say Mountain Horn Dragon (MHD for short). I had one she was wonderfully docile, sweet. The only problem there is most and I mean almost all are wild caught. I know of 1 that is still alive and doing very well in a local pet shop. He has been there for just over 1 month. If you were to get one, get one like him, there for awhile and doing very well. But a very cool lizard.
SAM_0313.jpg

brownie1

Borris the Bluey has been in our family for 2 years now, we got Seymore our first Beardie at the same time.

Blue-tongue lizards do have a different personality to beardies, but they still have a large amount of personality for one small lizard. Borris loves coming out of his box and exploring the house, you can usually find him under a lounge somewhere or making his way to my bedroom in hope of getting to hide on my bed under the doonah as my electric blanket warms up.
Borris will sit with me for hours watching TV, he loves getting a scratch under the chin or on the back of the neck. He will even arch his back like a cat as you stroke him along his back.
Borris even recognises me as the one who takes care of him and has on several occasions searched the house looking for me.
Borris is such a compassionate and docile lizard that he used to share a tank with Seymore until she passed away at the end of January earlier this year. The girl I got them from had kept them in the same cage not knowing how dangerous it can be and when I got them I tried to seperate them but they would refuse to eat unless they were together in the same cage.
P1040819.jpg

When Seymore passed Borris changed alot, he turned off his food and wouldn't come out of hiding in his box. It was the middle of summer so I had no idea what was wrong, I think he may have been depressed from the loss of his friend, and its only since our new baby beardies have been big enough to spend time with Borris that he has gotten back to his old self. Borris and our 2 beardies get along great but they are never left alone together and Borris has now gotten used to living on his own.

I'm not saying that all bluey's will be as docile as Borris but if your lucky and you put alot of effort in, it is possible to get a bluey that has got alot of personality and loves to just sit with you. Plus they can live up to 20 years and they are almost impossible to kill so they make great first pets.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I love the picture of those two just hanging out thats awesome! The posts here have been great and a lot of different species. I just always see people wanting to get into reptiles and that is usually their first question. I think even though there are exceptions bearded dragons seem to be the most consistant and reliable in having a great temprament through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom