Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm a new owner of a baby beardie and I keep reading that reptie glow lights can make your beardie not want to eat and my little guy stoped eating yesterday can any one help

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The ReptiGlo bulbs are bad because they emit too high levels of UV, which would cause them to become lethargic. It could also cause burns to their eyelids, forcing them to keep them closed.
The same goes for any compact and coil bulbs.

vampy

Juvie Member
Get a tube light that runs around 3/4 of the length of your enclosure, either the reptisun 10.0 or the arcadia 12%

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you want both UV and heat in one bulb, the MVBs (mercury vapor bulbs) would be the way to go.

Jesislas65

Original Poster
Ok I think I know why my little guy is eating because up until yesterday he was eating like a pig but today I noticed that he is shedding on his front legs and his head so I think that is what is making him not want to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom