LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummybear

Hatchling Member
Jason,
Thanks for reply, again it pays testimony to what a genuinely nice person you are, as I said I'd taken a lot of time to read all of this story about your little guy and in many ways count myself lucky to have come to the story late on cos I got to see him moving on from strength to strength, plus noticed you have always taken the time to give everyone who's posted a reply to their message, and may I say there should be a lot more people like you around.

He is one awesome beardie and lovely colours and markings, he really is one special little guy, and everyone knows 'Good Things Come In Small Packages', I shall look forward to seeing his continued progress :)

By the way I agree with Barbara, sound like he's aiming for a shed - going pale on his head, it's normal for them to shed in different areas seperately

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
jason,

Now you're just being silly! :D After all you've done for him, why in the world would he think that you're going to eat him? ROFLMAO
Go ahead and kiss him....he'll figure out that its a show of affection quickly enough!

You know you want to........LOL Relax, it doesn't make you any crazier than the rest of us are! And while, you're at it, give him one for me too!

You have done a wonderful thing. My wife was almost in tears reading your story.
We also have a rescued beardie from a private store. The clerk said he came from a home for 3 years no UV lighting and probably improper feeding. The store clerk said he going to die anyway so we could have him. That was a year ago and we have plumped him up good and he has quite a good personality considering his abuse. The only way we could describe him when we got him is that - have ypou ever seen a squirrel flat on the road with just a head, well that was him. These type of forums are a great help to anyone who has a new reptile or is considering buying. You story teaches a good lesson about the damage crowding can do and the courage to never give up on a great little beardie. Keep up the great things you do.
joe

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
bigmonkeyjoe":36e40 said:
You have done a wonderful thing. My wife was almost in tears reading your story.
We also have a rescued beardie from a private store. The clerk said he came from a home for 3 years no UV lighting and probably improper feeding. The store clerk said he going to die anyway so we could have him. That was a year ago and we have plumped him up good and he has quite a good personality considering his abuse. The only way we could describe him when we got him is that - have ypou ever seen a squirrel flat on the road with just a head, well that was him. These type of forums are a great help to anyone who has a new reptile or is considering buying. You story teaches a good lesson about the damage crowding can do and the courage to never give up on a great little beardie. Keep up the great things you do.
joe

It's stories like yours and Jscotts that make me want to go out and search some nasty pet stores and find a dragon to rescue because I'm sure there is more out there. (If I had the space and money for another set-up - I would) You guys have done a great thing and you're very courageous to take home an animal, get attached and put so much time and care in when you know the odds are stacked against them. My admiration goes out to you guys/gals and thanks so much for sharing yours stories!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
christy, thank you for your support, i will keep it up!

beardie osk, if people take the time to type to me the least i can do is reply. even if there is no question, i like to reply just to thank them on a personal level... THANK YOU :wink: !

i love his reds too. i like the way his pattern looks after a fresh shed. all the colors look so rich, like an oil painting. i'll try to take the beardy belly pic after he sheds, just to make sure he's stress free.

i tried getting up close to him and just talking softly. he didnt seem too scared, just alittle weary of me. i figure i'll take it in baby steps, don't want to be to ambitious. thanks again!

abi, i appreciate your concern for him, i will continue to keep you updated. in fact, i'm uploading some pics at the end of this post :wink: .

iluvlizardlips, that is sweet you show such affection for your beardies. i can understand how you wouldnt want to kiss a water turtle or something but if beardies are kept right, they are clean! like i said above, i tryed getting up close and just talking to him... he seemed a little nervous but he didnt run away. i'll try giving him a peck after he's completely comfortable with me up close. the initials LG could stand for so many positive things, for the time being i think it suits "him" just perfectly. thanks again for your input :D .

barbara, you were right! i came home this afternoon to find his little head shedding all around. i took some pictures which are at the end of this post. thanks again for sharing your wisdom, you've helped me alot already :wink: !

mummybear, as i said previously: anyone who leaves me a comment deserves a reply at the very least. i appreciate your compliments and kind words. it's so true that good things come in small packages! his beautiful colors are really starting to develop. i hope you have enjoyed seeing his progress from week to week and i hope you like the pictures at the end of this post :wink: !

denise, it make me happy to hear how many people snuggle or kiss their beardies. i thought i was wierd for wanting to :roll: ... as i posted above i am going to take it slow, just talking to him at a close distance. then after he gets used to that, i will move in :love5: . thanks again for all your help and concern. i think you'll like these pics...

bigmonkeyjoe, aww thats so sad! im very happy to hear you saved him and that he recovered. i love to hear about someone rescuing a beardie instead of purchasing one. there are so many dragons who need a good home, it's great to know this beardy has gone to one. thank you very much for your kind words. i hope you enjoy the pics i posted :wink: .

luvthydragon, it's great you want to get out there and rescue some beardies! i have been telling everyone to do the same. any time i hear someone say their thinking about a reptile i recomend rescuing a dragon... so long as they understand their needs. i understand the money thing, believe me :roll: . i have my eye on another beardie that i simply can't afford. thanks again for all your kind words, ill be sure to keep posting pics/vids!

dociledragons, no new vids tonight, but i did post two yesterday on my other thread:
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=85167 f=30 ]
one is good quality but the other is pretty lame :roll: . i posted some new pictures tonight though... here they are :mrgreen: !

change5.jpg

as you can see, his head is shedding! it even looks like the inside of his nasal passages are shedding, theres a little tubular scale that was poking out of one nostril. hopefully the end of his shedding coupled with the stronger light will jumpstart his appetite :D .

change4.jpg

forgive my terrible memory but someone pervoiusly asked me what i used to make the levels... i washed his towells today so i took a pic while they were out. cardboard boxes :mrgreen: !

change3.jpg

i forgot to mention, i took off the sliding screen top today. i had to cut away the silicone the previous owner had put there to hold it on. now that it's off he gets alot more of the reptisuns rays, and a little more ventilation.

change1.jpg

heres the tank after i put the clean towells and decor back in. i couldnt take a pic like this before because the screen blocked the view.

change2.jpg

here he is enjoying his nice new tank, not to mention the hot spot. he was in another container for about 1 1/2 hours while i cleaned everything so he cooled down a little. as you can see, no worse for the wear :mrgreen: .

hope everyone enjoyed the pics and like i mentioned, there is a couple videos i posted HERE yesterday:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=85167&hilit=&start=45

thanks again everyone :wink: !

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hey there Jscott-
Those pics are addorable. I especially love that last one under the leaves. Looks as if he's at some remote tropical beach soaking up the rays and relaxing..... I would frame that one and put it where you can see it every day. He has come along way with Thanks to you and you can see the trust all over his sweet little face.
I'm gonna search the enclosure posts to see what configuration I can come up with to get a rescue dragon. Right now I don't have the space when taking into account that they will need very large enclosures eventualy. I need a bunk bed situation (not housed together-but a way to stack the enclosures). That would be the only way. I can dream...... :D
I admire how you reply back to each one of your fan club members. I'm sure it takes a lot of your time. As always-keep those pics coming and take care....

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Such cute pictures and sweet baby, as usual....................Still hoping for those family pics :silent: :wink:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
luvthydragon, thats one of his favorite spots right now. he must have finally finished shedding because his appetite and energy are through the roof. for the last 5-7 days he has eatten very few greens and maybe 1 or 2 crickets a day. he was spending alot of time in the habba hut or in the shade. the last couple days though, he has been waking up earlier and falling asleep near his basking spot(which i hear is normal). its only 9:45 AM and he's already eatten 6 crickets :shock: ! that is alot for him. i also dropped a big pile of veggies in front of him, which he gobbled down starvingly(i constantly offer him food, but he gets full fast). he is hanging out it the same place right now, heres a pic:
happy.jpg

beardie osk, thank you, his colors are so nice now. all shades of red, orange, brown. i need to get some more hi def pictures up...

hes been so happy these last couple days. i wonder if its because he's done shedding or because i removed the screen. im sure he's getting alot more UV-B now.

thanks everyone for caring about him. i might not have the internet for very long :( . i'll still post updates, just not as often. i'm trying to "syncrhronize" this site to my compute so i can work offline. that way i could catch up on some of the threads i havent gotten to. so far no luck but im going to try again right now :wink: .

mummybear

Hatchling Member
It's great to see another pic of him, he seems to be doing great now thanks to your dedication and TLC.
Well done.

It's a shame you might be losing your internet connection :(

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hey there Jscott-
Another beautiful pic of the baby....those pics with the leaves (It would be my favorite spot too) are great. I'm sorry to hear that we may not hear from you as much...I always look forward to your updates. Try when you can so we don't go through withdrawls :lol: .....and again he looks remarkable. You've done a great job.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Jason,

as always, thank you for keeping us posted on L.G.'s progress. I too have been computer-challenged at times and know the frustration it can be. At some point, I need to catch up pictures of my gang, and the baby pictures, OMG! But we do what we can do, and whenever you are able to post, we will be waiting! We treasure what we get, and you have been truly generous in sharing L.G. and his/her story with all of us. I hope good computer karma comes your way! Give my love to L.G. :love5: and let the stories continue,

In peace,
Lizardgrrl

By the way, I loved L.G.'s vacation photo! :laughhard: Shoulda won! :laughing6:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
mummybear, im glad you liked the picture. here's another :wink: :
sun.jpg

here he is capturing the last few rays of the sun.

hopefully i'll be online for another month or so, maybe even longer. until then i'll try and get as much up as possible :mrgreen: .

luvthydragon, i know you like that basking spot with the leaves so heres a fresh one:
lightsarng.jpg

in this picture you can see his basking spot is right under the heat-source and fluorescent, about 8 inches away. now that the screen is gone i could lower the reptisun to 6" but im going to take it slow and leave it as it is for now.

its true... i might not have the internet for long, but i'll still have access to the web at my friends house. i will probably end up doing weekly updates or something of that frequency, to make sure you guys dont get the shakes :mrgreen: ...

lizardgrrl, i have been meaning to go through everyone's threads to bring myself up to date. i really will try to read through your threads before i lose my connection. i'm still trying to make this site available offline so i can catch up and respond when i do get my internet back. i will try to post some vids tommorow. until then, i hope you liked these pics.
p.s. thank you for your vote :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom