LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummybear

Hatchling Member
Oh yes Jason you can tell L.G. absolutely loves that rock, looking like one very happy beardy indeed, you can almost hear him saying 'Mine, mine, mine........aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!' LOL

Glad you had a good day off, great to hear you got lots done and had time to relax too :D

atreyu917

Juvie Member
This is random, but I had a dream about my new bearded dragons but I can remember LG was in it too. I don't really remember whast it was about i just remember him being in it. In all his cuteness.

How old is LG now? I wonder how big he'll get. Cause he was larger in my dream. haha.

Anyways, I just thought I would tell you. The handsome boy is on my mind even when I'm sleeping!!!

Kelsey

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
diamc, yea he seems to be spending alot more time around his hotspot now that the slab is in there. perhaps i will give him a piece on his cool side so he doesnt have to be hot to enjoy the textured stone. thanks again, new pics up on both threads :wink: .

barbara, today he pooped on his stone :roll: , but cleaning it was a breeze. i think im going to like these stone slabs, im going to try to get some more :mrgreen: . thanks again, i updated my other thread too.

mummybear, yes he definitely has it all to himself... unlike my couple, who have to share :roll: . i think having some natural stone in the tank makes it look nicer and its functional.

the day off came and went too quickly :| . i want more, lol. i wont complain though, its a good thing to have alot of work. thanks again :wink: .

atreyu917, a DREAM?! wow, i have to say you beat me to that one. i havent yet dreamed of him but i guess thats because hes been busy, wiggling through your dreams :mrgreen: . thats cool, i guess he really is hard to stop thinking about 8) .

im not sure about his length, ill check tomorrow when he wakes up. he probably has grown alittle. thanks again, i appreciate the story :wink: .

here is a picture and a possibly worrisome video...

dino.jpg

here he is outside, from this angle he looks like a dinosaur with all the spikes...

here is that video i was talking about. he was outside and i was watching him carefully. i had JUST started to record him when a little bug came out of nowhere! he rushed over to it and gobbled it down before i could even register what happened... i think he is ok, i watched him for about an hour afterwards and he seemed perfectly fine.

sorry i didnt get better videos and pictures... its just that after he ate that bug i felt i couldnt trust him outside anymore that day :oops: ... i am so afraid a bee will land infront of him and he'll eat it before i can reach down.

ooh! i do have a story though...

BEARDY STORY... last night he was getting sleepy but didnt actually want to go to sleep :roll: . he was laying on his new rock, trying to hold his head up even though he was exhausted. i decided to wrap him up in a little hand towell and bring him into my room for a while. well about 10minutes in that towell and he was passed out! i gently placed him in his darkened tank, still loosely covered by the towell. when i woke up this morning he was still under the towell, though not in the same position... he must have liked it and decided to stay :mrgreen: . i softly greeted him and turnd his lights on. about an hour later he was back up on his rock.

THE END :wink:

ok everyone i guess that is it for right now. like i said, that bug really gave me a scare so i didnt have to much of a chance to get any good vids. ill try again tomorrow, though ive been saying that every day :oops: . thanks again everyone and sorry for the infrequent, sporadic updates...

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh my............you must have been in a panic when you saw L.G. eat that bug, I couldn't tell what kind it was, could you tell? I'm sure he's fine but it's not a good feeling when they eat something that we havn't given them. Let us know if there is any ill effect.

Love your story..................... beardies certainly love their blankies.................. being covered up gives them a sense of security.

Well, back to the grind of work...............but as you reflected.............. we all need to be grateful for our jobs in this day and age!

Until next time......................... Bugs and wishes.............(no pun intended) :wink:

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
I have to say its really nice what you have done. I cant see his pictures until I get home from work, and I only read the first few pages really. But it was a very selfless thing that you did. The poor guy never would have had a chance, and even though you struggled at first without having the "proper" lighting/set-up, or the extra money to spoil him, he still thrived in your care. Its wonderful to see that. I'm really glad he pulled through and that the home-care worked.

mummybear

Hatchling Member
That pic of L.G. is great, see what you mean about the video though, here's hoping there's been no ill effects :? Bet it's caused you a fair few hours of worry though cos I'd be the same

kirby

Extreme Poster
i wouldnt worry too much about the bug, we've had them eat bees and wasps before... o.0

just try not to let him do it again, at least you know he was hungry...

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
kirby":71dcf said:
i wouldnt worry too much about the bug, we've had them eat bees and wasps before... o.0

just try not to let him do it again, at least you know he was hungry...
And we don't have fireflies in California, thank goodness, those are fatal for beardies! Apart from a little wild bug hunting, LG (and his new-old family) is looking beautiful, and he is doing a wonderful job of getting you properly trained! :whip: :laughing6:

I love your sleepy beardie story, and how they do want to stay and snuggle. :love5: :love5: :love5: A beardie sleeping on my shoulder, nothing better! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Boy, he grabbed that bug SO fast. We could all tell that you scampered over to try to get it, but I'm sure it was long gone by then. :roll: He sure can move fast.

The blanket story was adorable. They love fuzzy, don't they? Thanks for all the great pics & videos, gotta keep them coming. :wink:

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie osk, hello :D . yes i was really taken off guard, i had just turned on my friends camera(still not great at working it). as soon as i looked down at the 2" screen on the camera, there was this little dot running toward my little guy. as soon as i realized what was happening i reached down but it was a moment too late. i immediately scooped the little bug eater up and brought him indoors to monitor his behavior. nothing happened so i guess we were lucky, ill have to really watch him when we're outside from now on. winter is coming so that should cut back on alot of the insects.

yea, i dont know if he likes the blankie or if hes just too lazy to move. since i've recently brought home two "legged" dragons ive noticed how little LG moves comparatively. i have noticed that even though he could wiggle laps around his 40gallon cage he chooses to remain where i last placed him. why is this? outside he moves haphazardly but quickly, boaring along at full throttle! ive seen him move 3 feet in about 1.5 seconds. inside he takes his sweet time, making slow deliberate movements. is it that hes more at ease inside, or is it that he is more excited outside?

thanks for the comments. ive got some great pics and vids up, i hope you like them :wink: .

xjazx, yea i really didnt want to see his life end so early. i did the best i could with the knowledge i had until i stumbled upon this site. he has grown happier and healthier since then and has locked into an upward spiral which is still continuing. everyday i see him set new personal bests, he is always figuring out new ways to use his body. he moves differently depending on the ground and uses his chin while climbing.

thank you for taking an intrest in him. im putting up some new pics and a video, i hope you enjoy them :D .

mummybear, he got through that day alright so i guess there was no ill effects. i have been very careful since then and watch him diligently at all times. i put some new pics up and a great new video of LG eating crickets, i think you will enjoy them :mrgreen: .

kirby, yea ive been careful since then. i try to stuff him with crickets before taking him outside. hopefully he'll be too lazy to wiggle after a bug on a full belly(literally :roll: ). thanks for thr reassurance :wink: .

lizardgrrl, i agree... im glad we dont have to worry about fireflies out here. still, there are alot of creepy crawlies i dont want him having any part of: black widows, bees, wasp, potato bugs... :bleick: .

i tried taking him out tonight for a suggle but he really didnt want to leave his cage. i picked him up and he nearly wiggled off the edge of my hand. i just let him stay where he was for another 40 minutes before turning off the lights. maybe he was just not in the mood :dontknow: .

hope you like the new pics i put up. the video is especially cute.

diamc, yea i had just figured out how to get it to video function. when i looked down at the camera i saw a little black speck on the screen. by the time i even noticed it was there it was too late. he is ok though and i am being more careful now, im going to start using his "ouside box" more often:
100_4543.jpg

i must admit though, he doesnt like it nearly as much as being free to run where ever he wants. oh well... its safer and hes still getting the sunlight, which is the important part.

thanks, i hope you like the new pictures and video:wink: .

ok here are those pics i took of him, *NOTE* i am worried about the size of his throat. it seems to have grown in the last couple of weeks. is this where he is storing his fat?

LG1.jpg

LG2.jpg

LG3.jpg

LG4.jpg

LG5.jpg

LG6.jpg

and here is that video; i placed the camera in a stationary position so there is absolutely no shaking to obscure his features:

thanks again everyone, i know you guys are enjoying these nice pictures and videos. unfortunately, the camera is going back pretty soon so im not sure how many more like this one i will be posting. ill try to get as many as possible posted before the camera goes back :wink: .

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
O.K., it's time for bed, I pick up Fib and start to head back to my bedroom but decide to quckly check e-mail. I'm flipping through the topic replies, and check on LG here, and start to watch the vid. LG is happily munching crickets and all of a sudden Fib, who has been dozing on my arm, is awake, studying the screen. :shock: "Who is that upstart, and why are they being handfed crickets?" :laughhard: He didn't headbob, but LG certainly got Fib's jealous attention!

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I suppose you can kinda think of his growing chin as hitting puberty! haha it's normal!
This is Dave when he was really young:
l_a63f6ea9b555efb9e62e842c55af72df.jpg

And this is him now. An (almost) 2 year old. I just looked up when I bought him and it was Nov 06! i thought I had him longer than that!
l_8eff983e8750f5e302c9ef8fb336ad0c.jpg

That was before June when I changed him over to tile.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hi Jason -

He is absolutely precious....He always makes me smile. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks for the pics/video.

Take care of you and "The Clan"

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jason, I understand about your worry about the throat size. The first two beardies we had didn't have beards that big. When Redrock got to the "teenage months" her beard started to get really big, I wasn't sure it was normal but, as I've since found out, it's normal for some beardies.

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
Jason,

As he gets older, its normal for his beard to get a lot larger! After all he has to have something big to puff out at you when you tick him off!
LOL

However, its also possible that, instead of having a "Little Guy", you actually have a "Little Girl"! Many of the females will actuallly get a much larger beard than the males do. You might want to hazard a look at his "nether regions" now, and see what you find! :D

Just to illustrate, here's recent pic of Eden....her beard is twice as large as either of my males!

3-Eden-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom