Leatherback or silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniebear

How can you tell the difference? We just rescued some translucent leatherbacks but we are wondering if the have silky in them. Their skin is very dry and shriveled. How can you tell?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's easy...leatherbacks have small scales, silkies have NO scales , just skin. If in doubt post some pics. You can also Google it.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Jenniebear":16n1xcfz said:
How can you tell the difference? We just rescued some translucent leatherbacks but we are wondering if the have silky in them. Their skin is very dry and shriveled. How can you tell?

Silky is the "super" form of leatherback, if I understand correctly. As said, silkys have no scales at all, no spikes or anything, just weird naked skin.

haley7204

thebenior":2bj48n4g said:
If you're like me, you identify silkbacks by finding them creepy looking. :lol:

dito lol i love all beardies but the only reason i would want a silkie is as a hatchling that i would sell

I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one that finds silkies kind of scary. They look like an inside outb beardie to me D: Leatherbacks are beautiful though!

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Lol same here. Silkies are kinda creepy. I personally prefer normal as they look like real dragons. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom