Kratos And Xerxes(even if he is a she)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost our little man on Friday OUTSIDE! I had let Kratos out of his cage because he was going stir crazy. He wanted to go outside...now that the weather has been nice I put him out in his cage everyday....however friday I just let him roam in the house because I was in a hurry. NOW I wish I would have taken the time to put him out in his cage. I didn't realize when I let him out that one of the kids opened on of the windows that I had taken the screens off to wash and hadn't put back on. The windows are only 11 inches from the floor and are his favorite basking spot in the house. I left him out while I ran errands because our living rooms where he roams are totally safe and there is nowhere for him to hide. When we came home my son started looking for him and we quickly realized that he had gotten out. We looked all over our back yard and went to the neighbors houses. I've talked to the neighbors behind us and on our court, I put an add on craigslist, and today I'm putting up flyers around the neighborhood. My fear is that a cat or hawk got him and I'm just worried sick. Those of you who have lost your beardies outside and found them, what were the temps outside, and how far from home did they get? Can you think of anything else that I should be doing?

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok i'm awake and I will be calling Crystal in a bit. I need to get my first cup of coffee in me first before I can talk...I'm super tired still! Anyhow, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Also I just want to say thank you again! You guys are all pretty amazing, I know its because you all have super big hearts and are very compassionate! :love5:

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So it looks like Crystal and I will be making arrangements for this little guy (he really needs a name), so hopefully we can all be updated on his progress. :blob5: :blob5: Crystal are the CA girls on here or Facebook?

Poor little one either hurts to be touched or is just really afraid. I tried using a toothbrush on him in the bath which he didn't care for at all but i'm sure it will get better in time. After his bath I put the silver cream on the fungal spots and he flinched almost every time he was touched, I'm hoping he is just scared. His smell is getting better and he did poop this morning. His urates are a tad pink/orange but its not formed. I'll probably give him some parazap later when I feed him. Oh yeah I haven't quite figured out just yet but it seems that he gets really light and pretty when he is scared and dark when he is happy...silly little man!!!

Kratos showed his unhappiness to the new man in town last night. He did his little black beard and went crazy in his viv!!! He scared the crap out of me when he ran and slammed into the side of the viv and the doors and just completely spazzed out!!!..SO, I had to move Mr Man out of his view. Kratos has been black bearding on and off since hehe. The funny thing was the new lil guy just looked at him like he was no big deal.

crystalryan1980

Hatchling Member
I believe my Cali girls are both memebers here and the facebook groups. Amber is all set to pick him up we are just waiting to confirm Yasmin has the room for him. How is he mobility wise?

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I hope they are on here so we can get updates. His mobility is good but you can tell he struggles a bit when he is trying to hold on. He also has a stiff jaw which clicks when he opens it. His eyesight/coordination is off as well when he is trying to eat. He likes roaches and butter worms. He hasn't touched his salad but he gobbles up the blended green slurry I make.

crystalryan1980

Hatchling Member
I have given your info to Amber She will be calling you and transporting him to Heather in San diego. She is very seasoned as a rescuer and I believe she has a good vet near her. We will also start fungus treatment right off. We will keep you up to date adn if you would like to Join our group or fan page on Facebook please feel free it is Reptile Rescuers of the United states

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Hi there! :D

It is I, Heather. I just wanted to write to say that I will be the one taking this little guy and I want to re-assure you that he will have utmost EXCELLENT care.

I am with the Reptile Rescuers of the United States and I can assure you that we have these beardies best interest ALWAYS at heart. Their health and safety is first and foremost.

If you have any questions, or want updates, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll also make sure to post progress reports.

I have an EXCELLENT vet, as well and he will have the best care possible. :D

Thank you for reaching out.

H.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
I'm so glad to see this working out for you Jewls! :blob5: New hope for a happy future for this little, lost beardie!! :love5: Makes my heart happy!
*edit* I missed a post! I wonder if his non-reaction or lack thereof to Kratos could mean he is a she...LOL!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
For the smell u can us no tear baby shampoo pumpkinjelly she is on here uses it and she said it works good for when they run In poo and stuff but only once every month or two I think she said and keep it out of their face completely and make sure non gets left on them

jewl495

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok I'm out and about getting things done for the baby shower that I'm helping with this wkn. I don't know if I gave you my cell if not PM me and I will give it to you. Amber if you have my cell go ahead and give me a call.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
OMG Pudgy's mom is getting the beardie! He is going to be famous! I can't wait to hear more about the newest Pudgy pal. :blob5: :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom