Keeping supers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I keep them in a Plastic tub with Chicken mash, oatmeal, and peat moss. I throw in small pieces of greens that I feed my dragons for moisture. They like a moderate room temperature 70-80 degrees. Cheaper to buy by the thousand, and the keep pretty well.

Jeff

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Supers are easy to keep. I put mine in shoebox sized rubbermaid tubs (or one size up) with air holes melted around the upper edge. I use wheat bran for the bedding and occassionally mix in some baby cereal and premade worm gutload from a local feeder company. I also put slices of potato on yogurt tub lids for moisture (I don't sit right on the bedding because it can make the bedding go moldy). Supers live for months easily as long as you keep the bedding dry and give them greens, apple slices or potato slices for moisture (they'll eat the bedding).

neecie

Juvie Member
I've been feeding my almost 6 month old: crickets, phoenix, silkies and butterworms (alternating) but is it a good time to introduce superworms? Any drawbacks? Would be easier to buy in a store and not online with shipping. Somehow I thought she needs to be bigger. Also could keep a larger amount in a container.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
You want your dragon to be about sixteen inches long before you introduce superworms. Once she's large enough, they can easily be used as part of a mixed and healthy dragon diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom