Judge my Juvenile Beardie's Feeding Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nove2112

At mornings all week feed a mix of collard greens and bell peppers.
Feed Crickets with calcium Monday-Friday at 3
Feed Crickets with calcium Monday-Friday at 6
On weekends Feed crickets with vitamins at 1 and 6

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that sounds pretty good. How late do the lights stay on? You want to be sure there is some basking time after dinner. You will eventually want to add some more variety to the salads but if it isn't being eaten much yet then collards and peppers are fine for now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're feeding at 6 I'd let them run till 8 or move the feeding time back to 5. You can bump it up to a 14hr daylight schedule with no problem too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nove2112":2wjuwudp said:
Lights go on at 7 am turn off a 7pm

Invest in a domestic inline plug in light timer.

12 hours of heat and UV and light is NOT enough. I suggest timing the basking & UV lights to come on at 6am, and timing off at 9 - 10pm.
I run 16 hr year round for all my lizards , except Fluffy (the rescued water skink) who gets access to UV from 6am - 2pm.

The feeding schedule will work well then. You need to allow the little dragon at least 2 hours after the last meal of the day to stay warm and digest the food.
You'll find the little dragon nice and warm and starving hungry when you give it breakfast too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom