Juvenile diet

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi KarrieRee do you have any suggestions to vegetables or fruits. I am trying to figure out what vegetables to give my juvenile beardie daily. I live i Massachusetts so it is difficult to find certain vegetables.
I live in NY and buy the greens I mentioned above at the grocery store. Squash is always a good veggie for them, you can grate it or cut it into long thin pieces and wiggle them around to get your dragon's attention.

Sorry he has been laying on his heating pad. I use a carpet substrate. I did take out the rock. I saw read something online early this morning that said to soak him in water and massage his belly so I did that and he laid back down. Right now he seems to have more spunk to him. Could the bath and belly rub have helped a bit?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry he has been laying on his heating pad. I use a carpet substrate. I did take out the rock. I saw read something online early this morning that said to soak him in water and massage his belly so I did that and he laid back down. Right now he seems to have more spunk to him. Could the bath and belly rub have helped a bit?
Can you post a pic of him please? I am not sure what is going on w/ him ---did we go over your surface basking temps and UVB? where is the Arcadia Pro T 5 placed?

Sorry everyone I panic and I’m still learning. He looks better. I got up to clean out his cricket pen and he came running over to the door to be fed. Now I’m afraid to feed him. Should I feed him even though he had a rough night? Should I give him his greens today? I think I gave him way too much last night and I think he overate and I don’t know how much to give him.

He has a 100 watt basking bulb, 23 watt desert 10.0 UV. I don’t know what an arcadia pro T5 is unless that is the heating pad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 29

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He has a 100 watt basking bulb, 23 watt desert 10.0 UV. I don’t know what an arcadia pro T5 is unless that is the heating pad.
I am upgrading his UVB light to the Arcadia reptile proT5---- did you do this? If your using a coil UVB that would be in a dome they are a health hazard ----

Yes the kit came with a coil. He has been using it for 2 months now. Okay I will see if I can find one. He is asking for crickets should I give them to him? He is finally looking better a lot more like himself. Do you know if last night he could have overindulged himself and made himself sick.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the kit came with a coil. He has been using it for 2 months now. Okay I will see if I can find one. He is asking for crickets should I give them to him? He is finally looking better a lot more like himself. Do you know if last night he could have overindulged himself and made himself sick.
Please post a pic of the UVB this is what a Arcadia Pro T 5 looks like
I dont think it was the greens that upset his stomach or he ate too much --yes feed him his staple feeder--- are you dusting the crickets w/ calcium D3 ?

Yes I am dusting them. Why would he have done what he did after he ate the greens. He did engorge himself last night. As soon as I put them in there. Before this I was getting an in store veggie mix that I found out it was not healthy to give him everyday which is why I changed to fresh vegetables after I got your help. I did read the list you sent me and went out and bought the right veggies. I started with the collard greens and after I gave them to him he started acting funny.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I am dusting them. Why would he have done what he did after he ate the greens. He did engorge himself last night. As soon as I put them in there. Before this I was getting an in store veggie mix that I found out it was not healthy to give him everyday which is why I changed to fresh vegetables after I got your help. I did read the list you sent me and went out and bought the right veggies. I started with the collard greens and after I gave them to him he started acting funny.
Was there any other stuff in the salad bowl besides the collards-- yours would be the first that I have heard getting sick from the collards unless there was something on the greens from the store that caused this reaction- your UVB is critical is the one I posted the one you have?

The website you gave me didnt tell me whether to cook them or to give them to him raw so I gave them to him raw. It also didn’t tell me whether to give him the white part or the leaves so I gave him the leaves. Did I do the right thing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The website you gave me didnt tell me whether to cook them or to give them to him raw so I gave them to him raw. It also didn’t tell me whether to give him the white part or the leaves so I gave him the leaves. Did I do the right thing?
Yes veggies are served raw more nutrients- white part? are you talking about the stem / vein? Is the UVB your using a long tube fixture like the one I posted or in a dome?

No I have the coil it came with the habitat. But it has been in there for 2 months. I was doing the wrong thing before giving him the greens. It was my fault I was giving him a pet store veggie mix that I was adding water to but I found out that was really bad for him it was supposed to be only given to him as a snack and only 2 to 3 times a week. So this was the first time I have purchased fresh vegetables for him. I am hoping I didn’t harm him, but could this be the reason he ate so much

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom