Juvenile diet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No I have the coil it came with the habitat. But it has been in there for 2 months. I was doing the wrong thing before giving him the greens. It was my fault I was giving him a pet store veggie mix that I was adding water to but I found out that was really bad for him it was supposed to be only given to him as a snack and only 2 to 3 times a week. So this was the first time I have purchased fresh vegetables for him. I am hoping I didn’t harm him, but could this be the reason he ate so much
Ok so lets get rid of the coil ---- this is a big problem--- please get a good UVB do I need to post the other two UVB's recommended? Probably - he liked the better taste of the fresh vegetables but you must change the UVB out -- your dragon is not able to utilize the calcium your feeding him which is going to cause all kinds of health issues

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
can You also send me the other bulbs cause I can’t afford the other one you suggested at least till the beginning of January.
This is a good fixture you need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb 22"
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb so you want the bulb posted above for this one as well
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
Feed him the greens and cut the veins out -- I would try again w/ the salad -- his main diet is insects but offer the salad and see what he does

I will pickup a bulb this weekend. Also I got a new thing for him to try today, silkworms I ordered something called a can o worms from zoo med. i bought them to make sure his body can tolerate it. Is it ok to try them with him? The ingredients say they are farm raised silk worms. nothing else is in them. They are sealed in small 1.2 oz containers and say to refrigerate after opening.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will pickup a bulb this weekend. Also I got a new thing for him to try today, silkworms I ordered something called a can o worms from zoo med. i bought them to make sure his body can tolerate it. Is it ok to try them with him? The ingredients say they are farm raised silk worms. nothing else is in them. They are sealed in small 1.2 oz containers and say to refrigerate after opening.
Canned insects or any type of canned stuff frozen or dried are not very good- you can get live silk worms from here www.reptilianarts.com - the cups come with food- what bulb are you picking up? You need the whole fixture as well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
But would it be ok to try the to make sure he is ok with them?
yes you can try them-- depending on amount if its the only staple or adding to another staple --- I fed dubias and silk worms together as a variety w/ Blaze as a juvenile-- usually 3-4 on the salads and then dubias -- they are a better feeder and more filling --- w/ the crickets feed what you normally feed - if you want to switch to dubias I can post some websites to get them --- are you getting a fixture that I posted

When I got him at the pet store they told me he was about 9 months. Is that possible? They told me that they never know exactly how old they are when they get them. Do I have to cook squash to give it to him or is it safe to just cut it into reasonable pieces like a julien cut?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom