Jango ate an earwig..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
somehow a few earwigs ( or as we call them "pinchy bugs") got into the cricket cage and I didn't know until one popped out when I was feeding Jango.. he ate it before I could get to it.. will he be ok?? are they poision to them??

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i have no idea. did you try googling it?
i haven't heard of any eating one before.

i would just monitor him for the next couple days. just one might not do anything.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I did try.. didn't find much on it... some say that he'll be fine others say that there is tiny hairs on them that are poisonious.. so I don't know.. keeping my eye on him.. thank you for replying.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
talked to my neighbor next door about this, she has a masters in zoology and a minor in herpatology. One earwig should not hurt him but, she also said that you should watch for parasites and mites not knowing where the thing came from. He also may or may not get a slightly watery poo from it. BTW she works for the Denver Zoo and is very knowledgable but for the most part watch him and try not to worry...he should be ok. hope this helps!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much Tonja.. I appriciate it very much! He seems to be ok this morning after being a little stressed because our electric went out for about an hour.. he didn't know why his lights were out. Gonna keep an eye on his poo and for mites/parasites.. hope he didn't get any though. gonna check before I feed him anymore crickets though.. don't want no more "other" bugs getting in there.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
n/p just hope it eased your mind and hope the little dragon is ok today and you to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom