BEARDED DRAGON ATE FUZZ BALL

mtxgita

Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi,
Just before (about 20 minutes ago) my 7 month old, roughly 11 inch bearded dragon ate a fuzz ball. I was feeding him and didn't notice it was there, he ran to it and ate it, I tried to get it out of his mouth but he wouldn't let me and swallowed it before I could do anything. It was about the size of a fingertip, but smaller than his head. What should I do? Some people are recommending olive oil but others say that's not what I should do. I have no means of transport to the vet however I can give them a call. What can I do to help him if anything? Should he be fine? I plan on giving him a bath in a little bit to see if he passes it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He won't pass it till it travels all the way through his system so a bath is pointless until then. It will most likely pass through his system on its own anyway. You might reach out to @Drache613 she is a vet tech, but she is on late at night. @AHBD or @Claudiusx might be able to give you advice also.

mtxgita

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He won't pass it till it travels all the way through his system so a bath is pointless until then. It will most likely pass through his system on its own anyway. You might reach out to @Drache613 she is a vet tech, but she is on late at night. @AHBD or @Claudiusx might be able to give you advice also.
How long would you say it'll take to pass through his system? I'm checking on him frequently just incase.
Once I do give him a bath, a few others have been recommended giving them a drop of olive oil. Would you say that would be helpful? I'm thinking of just giving him a drop of it before his bath.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
However longbit takes him to go poop normally after he eats, it's hard to give axtime frame because every beardie is different. Some poop once every day or even twice a day, some poop once in a week or more. So how ever often your beardie normally poops should be the rough time frame.
The olive oil might speed it up a little but don't give more than a small drop, and personally i would offer it with food.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How big was the fuzz ball? They sure can eat & pass through a lot of strange things! He will pass
that through most likely in a few days to a week or so. You can simply add extra oral fluids for him
& possibly some sugar free applesauce & pumpkin mix, to help things pass through a bit easier.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom