Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Kristine. Now I need to get Paul in that direction as well. He doesn't care enough to be motovated to exercise or eat right and I can't do all of this by myself. It's frustrating. I want him invested in this too and to want to live a long, healthy life. Instead he eats two chocolate glazed donuts for breakfast five days a week and three deserts at lunch. Yesterday he did have fruit instead of his usual icream, cake, and cupcake. So some progress is made?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Those vitamins and fish oil are going to do you a lot of good. And the yoga is a great thing to do in the morning. Sounds like he gave you very good advice. You can only do so much with Paul, but keep after him, he needs to eat much better than what he's doing. Fruit and grain cereal in the am sets him up for the day, much better than donuts. So good luck with the new schedule, see how it works for you, I'm so hoping it does, so you want feel so stressed out.

Keeping us updated once a week is fine with me, Liz, anything that keeps you on track with school is a great thing!

Take care of yourself, and keep on with the counsellor, he sounds as if he really knows what he's talking about. Also talk to him about the depression that keeps knocking you down, he might have some info about that, too.

Good luck, sweetie, we all love you and want the best for you & you'll be done all this my next summer, which isn't even a year away! Your babies will do fine & if Jace has to black beard you (little brat) then so be it!!! Didi black beards me all the time :lol:
Here's to all the best going forward!
Love
Deb

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
We did talk about the depression which is why he wanted me to try D3 and B-complex instead of just B12 and to give it some time to take effect.

I'm pretty stoked to be doing yoga in the morning. I took a yoga class back at HCC before transferring to WNE and loved it and never thought about doing it in the morning while I have some down time. It was a nice change of pace this morning.

I try with Paul, but I don't like to push it. I don't want him to feel like he has to (even though he has to) and I'm scared of him resenting me. We will have been together four years on November 2nd and I cannot imagine my world without him. He was my first and only boyfriend and that's how I want it to stay (I was his first and only girlfriend). Right now money has put a strain on our relationship and I spent all of my free money on two new flood lights for Jace and Zy because their old runs just weren't cutting it temp wise and they both love it. And the rest of my money went to vitamins and supplements for me and melatonin for Paul to help him sleep so we really don't have any money to spend on healthier foods. He's barely getting enough hours to pay his own bills.

I like Wayne (my counsellor). He's such a great guy.

I wish I'll be done next summer. Like previously mentioned I would have graduated in Spring 2014, but due to transferring and changing my major I'm stuck there until Fall of 2014 and that's assuming I pass all of my classes and take up some winter and summer courses on top of that. I want a very light course load for Fall of 2014 so I can work a lot more hours, but I don't know with all the English Seminars and Learning Outside the Classrooms I have to do. It's so daunting.

Thanks, Deb!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
-Yoga and I do NOT get along! :lol: But I'm really glad you found a physical outlet that works for you. I need to take vitamins and eat better. Maybe you've started something Liz. Inspiring people to do better :wink:
-I'll tell you, exactly what I tell my girlfriends and what they tell me: "Boys are dumb!" LOL! :lol: Hubby does his thing and I'll do mine. Sooner or later he gets curious enough to try what I'm doing and all is right with the world. Paul is young. It takes years to figure out how to live with a man! :shock: :lol:
-Your tasks are daunting, but you're doing great. Keep it up. Not everyone has the strength to see what needs to be done to improve and then does it. :wink:
-Ok,ok, bus stop! Imma gonna be late! :shock: :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I've always been pretty flexible and yoga is so calming and soothing. It's the only time I take to breath. I hate hate HATE sitting still and yoga is like sitting still, but doing something at the same time if that makes sense. And my mind is focused on the moment rather than the past and future.

Oh, I knew way beforehand Paul wasn't the brightest bulb. Not a lick of commonsense on him - all book smarts. I'm commonsense with a teeny bit of book smarts thrown in for good measure. He understands, he just doesn't have the motivation. He would never be curious enough. Without me pushing him, he'd probably be a hairy homebody that sits in his mom's basement (where his youngest brother lives) and play video games and waste away. Uh-uh. No way. I'm not sharing my life with a sack of potatoes. You can forget that. (Sorry in advance if I offend anyone.)

That'd be cool if I inspired others to do it. It's good for you. Sucks sometimes, but it is good for you. I'm suffering from sugar and soda withdrawal right now and am so not in my right frame of mind. I had a small pack of nerds and a caramel apple today. :silent:

I've always seen what's needed to be done, but it wasn't until Kristine started nudging and pushing that I made the change. Yes, thank you, Kristine.

Don't be late! Annie will never forgive you! :lol:

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Awww! Thanks, Liz! I may have given you a push but you took the leap! So be proud and take credit. You deserve to feel your best and I care about you. So, I just want what's best for you and to see you happy :)

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
I do a small bit of Yoga before bed to calm down. It's so nice. I should start doing it more. :lol:

Paul sounds a lot like Brandon. Before me he worked a dead end job and played video games all the time...lived in a disgusting house with 5 other people, too. Yuck. I'm glad I convinced him to move down to Vancouver. He's got a future here now, and is way happier and more stable. Eats a bit better, too. Paul will change, too. :)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gosh darn it - why can't men come ready to go? Why do we have to show them the right paths all the time? And they say we're needy! :lol:

Any men you follow my forum, please do not take offense. I'm generalizing my boyfriend.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I should steal Paul's iPhone and make use of that reminder app that he doesn't even know exist? :lol:
Jace doesn't need reminders. All he wants is mommy's undying love and attention. :love5:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":mjtzuuzy said:
So I should steal Paul's iPhone and make use of that reminder app that he doesn't even know exist?
Um...Yes! :lol: With men, assembly is always required. :laughhard: (she said in good humor... :wink: ) Sweet Jace, pay no attention to daddy and behave like mommy :p

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace is my little love muffin and Zy is all "Iz will not poop in home nor bath! All my tushy wants is a cushy couch to leave my waste on!"

I will not WILL NOT let her out to play until she poops. She had 10ml of pumpkin and I know something fierce is churning in that belly. And she needs to poop it out. Every single time I forgot to put her in a bin, she poops on my couch. Well know more. She got a 15 min bath 2x today and belly rubs. If she poops, it's on my terms.... Wow, I'm such a witch. :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":1qd5hyi9 said:
If she poops, it's on my terms.... Wow, I'm such a witch.
LOL! :lol: Nope, not a witch. A mom. :wink: You don't take the diaper off your kiddo and say have at er'! You slap on the Huggies and say, Not on my rug! LOL! :lol: She'll learn one of these days. Mylo has yet to mess where he shouldn't. Knock on wood. Maybe life is cutting me a break after washing Myah messes off of my sofa and bed! :bleick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom