Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, Koth, & Phoenix -->Vet Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My name is Liz and I have been a member of this website for a year now. I have had another blog about my reptilian babies (http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=185026), but am starting a new one. I want to start the new year with a clean slate - especially since it will also start with a new moon. I want to move on from the problems of the past and look forward to the new adventures that lie ahead.
A little about me: I'm twenty-two years old and am an author - (A Shadow's Lullaby by: E. Rexer). I go to Western New England as a Creative Writing major with a minor in Philosophy. I own six reptiles, three bearded dragons and three leopard geckos. I have been with my boyfriend, Paul, for four years. I currently work two jobs - Heritage Woods (assistant living) and Table and Vine (liquor store) though I did try to quit Heritage Woods and was guilt tripped into working there per diem (once a month). I will be putting in my two weeks notice with them in February. Unfortunately it is a sad job and emotionally I cannot handle it anymore. Table and Vine doesn't give me the hours I would like, but I worked out a deal with my grandfather that will help me out financially. Now enough about me.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
I would try to request azithromycin as the antibiotic. It really helped out on another member's dragon's septic issues, too.
What type of tests did they want to run on him?
I hope that he is doing better soon & that you raise some money, too.

Tracie

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The link that Chastity posted is for my Go Fund Me account and the link that Deb posted is my email address for PayPal because one option might work better than the other for some people.

GoFundMe: http://www.gofundme.com/eex8ec
PayPal e-mail: [email protected]

I just want to say thank you to Deb, Holly and Copper and Dundee (from GoFundMe) for their generosity in making a donation to Sorin.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tracie:
His leg is better, though it is very stiff when he moves it. He still eats like a champ. Lately he's been obsessed when he sees the worm bin and starts running around like mad (probably not good for his leg).
I'll call the vet's office tomorrow to find out the specific name of the antibiotics. They should have that on file.
The cheaper of the two test is for gout and I can't remember what the name of the second one is. Will have to ask about that tomorrow as well.
Thanks for checking in on us!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Liz I sent you a PM and a message on Facebook about the Facebook group I told you about, get back to me when you can, k?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I'm going to talk to Paul tonight when he gets home about rehoming Pheeny to someone who is a friend because so then I can always be in constant communication with them and always get pic updates. I just don't have the time to work with him that he deserves. He's ready to find his forever home.

Also, I'd like to thank Janella for her donation.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aww, I'm sorry he has to be rehomed but you've brought him back to being so healthy. This way you can keep track of him, too.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Paul and I have decided it would be in Phoenix's best interest if we re-homed him. We will NOT ship him. He's been through enough trauma. He is also only going to a friend who will keep me updated on him and send pictures. I just don't have the time between with everything else on my plate now and in the future to give him the time and attention he needs. He's such a good boy and he deserves to have a great future and I know his forever home will find its way to him.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I wish I had more friends who were closer in location to me that were interested in reptiles so it wouldn't be so hard to find Pheeny the right home. This will be a trying process, but I won't give him up to just anyone either.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace:
Jace is doing well, though I think he is contemplating brumation. He has been all summer. I'm hoping to stall him long enough so that he can brumate in the winter instead like a normal beardie. The idea of brumation is still so scary and I still have so many unanswered questions about. The idea is just so nerve-wracking. He's going to be two years old this October. How the time flies. I'll have had him for two years the end of November. Time sure flies. I still miss my little baby boy.
gJUZRb6.jpg

HsxT2jh.jpg

EqFflro.jpg

QNHfygC.jpg

PDvJCbu.jpg

ocPCMbW.jpg

Zy:
She's been doing well, pretty relaxed. Somehow she ended up getting potty trained to only poop on my floor and nowhere else, the little bum. She does BIG messes too, not lady-sized ones at all. She's also obsessed with trying to get under this recliner chair I have. I have no idea why, but she is. No matter how much Paul and I blockade it up, she's always there, trying to get under it. If it weren't for the fact that it's too dangerous and difficult to get her out, I'd let her explore. And she'll be two in November.
lGrQGaw.jpg

1tYM2HI.jpg

ZVdFKOj.jpg

YzHzwKd.jpg

vlvEuKw.jpg

no7qMe2.jpg

Sorin:
Tracie:, to answer your question, Sorin was on cestazidime for his antibiotics. Also, Deb recommended serrepeptase, something that you sell. Do you think that that will help at all? Unfortunately my vet won't be in until Wednesday so I'll have to wait until then to find out what the other test is for. Also, do you think I should remove his climbing stuff? He loves his tree, but I want him to be healthy. It sucks being a mom.
As for Sorin, he's doing as well as he can be. He does move the leg though very stiffly. He eats his supers like he's been starved every day of his life. He gets so excited at the site of the worm bin - he just goes bananas. Which I'm glad for, it has to be a good sign. Thankfully he won't be two until next year in April.
TKj7eqk.jpg

cPNwJkL.jpg

v1ybStf.jpg

GLeAafL.jpg

RFqdmyH.jpg

oJr0e96.jpg

I'll do an update on the rest later today. I have homework to do sadly. And a doctor's appointment to go to soon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love your beardies, Jace and Zy look wonderful. And isn't that funny that Zy has to get under that chair, so does Puff, I've found her there a few times, luckily she can't get into the innards, it's blocked off from the inside.

Have you read the brumation article Denise Bushness put together? It's wonderful and very clear and answers alot of questions about brumation and how to handle it. I read it every winter, just to make sure, as Rubio was the only one who slept for any length of time. Didi and Leo do the "popcorn" method, down for a day or two, up for a week, down for a week, up for a day or two. All winter. I don't know what Puff will do as last winter she spent Jan, Feb, Mar and April laying eggs. And Lonzo isn't allowed to sleep full time because of his lung, so his lights are always on and he just sleeps earlier. So read that, see if that helps and contact me if you have any questions. The first winter is always the worse, but I've been through 5 winters now.

Thank for sharing all the pictures, they turned out so well, as usual. Most of them are calendar worthy, so you should take a minute, choose 2 of the best of each of them & send them in, as this is the month for sending pictures, it would be great to see them in a calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom